Connor The Creep

Connor and I took Natalie back to her house where she stubbornly told us she'd be performing first aid. We were concerned about what her mom would say about her bringing two strange boys into their home without any notice, but she told us that her parents weren't home.

"Do you stay home alone a lot?" Connor asked as we walked up the driveway. I mean, I knew he was just concerned, but it sounded super creepy.

I shoved his arm as Natalie laughed.

"What?" Connor asked defensively.

"You sound like a creep."

He rolled his eyes and looked at Natalie seriously. "I didn't mean it that way."

She smirked and stepped up onto her front porch. The girl began patting herself down, a panicked look was slowly creeping into her face.

Natalie groaned and pressed her forehead against the front door.

I raised an eyebrow at Connor, but he just shrugged at me.

I stepped up next to her and started, "Is everything okay?"

She straightened up and ran a hand through the front of her hair. "Yeah, I'm just a total idiot and left my house keys inside."

I pursed my lips and looked at the door. "When does your mom get home?"

The girl gave a bitter laugh. "Three days."

My eyebrows raised at that.

"Here, I got it," Connor mumbled, walking in between the two of us to get to the door. He brought out what looked like metal tweezers and began jiggling them around in the door's lock.

I frowned as Nataie started, "Are you picking my..."

"Got it!" the Stoll brother exclaimed as the door slowly creaked open.

"That is..." Natalie mumbled.

"The most terrifying thing you've ever done," I finished for her.

Connor just grinned and answered, "You're welcome."

Natalie paused as if she was debating whether or not she should let him in her house.

"Alright," she sighed. "C'mon in."

The house was nice. It was clean and the furnature seemed pretty modern to me. I mean, not that it was relevant to anything we had to do, but whatever.

I was in the middle of taking my shoes off when a huge dog came galloping around the corner.

"Wait, Lady, no!" Natalie called, coming from behind the dog. I laughed as the Great Dane stood up and put her paws on my shoulders.

"Hey there," I chuckled. The dog gave a loud bark and licked my face.

"Lady!" Natalie scolded. "Down, please."

The dog hesitanty obeyed and dropped. Natalie gave me an apologetic smile as she hooked her finger around the dog's collar. "Sorry about that."

I waved a hand and went back to taking my left shoe off. "No worries. I love dogs."

As she took Lady down the hallway, Natalie called to Connor and I. "Do you guys want anything to drink?"

"I'm good, thanks" Connor answered. We hesitantly started following the direction she had gone in.

"And Jake? Do you want anything?"

"Water would be great, thanks."

I turned my head around the corner only to be facing a gigantic kitchen.