Jake Mason

I threw the football to Connor.

"It's been a while since I've seen you, man. What's up?"

He threw it back to me. "Nothing much. You?"

As the ball entered my hands I grinned at the thought of a memory.

"You and Skylar Parker are getting pretty close," I pointed out.

A small smirk formed on the youngest Stoll brother's face. "Oh yeah? Is that what you've noticed?"

I thought of the time when I had caught the two lovebirds kissing the the Big House basement.

"I mean, what I've seen could be wrong," I laughed, throwing the ball at him.

"Oh?" he questioned, "And what have you seen?"

"Oh nothing, nothing really. Hey, did you know they redid the Big House basement? Yeah, it looks really cozy."

The guy's eyes widened in shock and embarrassment.

"You saw that?"

I caught the ball and joked, "Saw what?"

"It wasn't what it looked like," he tried to reason.

I put a hand up to sheild the sun from my eyes. "You guys are together."

He gave a small sigh after catching the ball. "Yeah."

I gave him a teasing grin. "Cute."

"Shut up."

"So tell me," I started, pushing my luck, "what is it that you two do for dates? I mean, we're confined by the camp walls."

Connor grinned and threw the ball back to me. "Who says we have to stay in camp?"

I laughed. "Like you've left camp. You're good, but I don't think you're that good."

A wicked smirk grew on his face and I knew I was in trouble.

"You wanna leave camp tonight?" he asked deviously.

I thought about it. He was probably bluffing.

I mean, I had heard rumors that two campers had left camp boundaries, but I doubted it.

"Sure," I shrugged. "Let's do it. What could go wrong?"

---------------------------

Saying that I wasn't nervous to see what Connor had in store was a lie. There was always the possibility that he was lying about being able to leave camp and instead planned on pranking me.

Then there was the factor of actually leaving the camp. What kind of trouble could we get in for doing that?

I could go on and explain the unexciting and rather empty build up to the moment when I left my cabin, but I'll spare you the details.

I'm not very good with words anyways.

Basically, I was expecting us to go at night, but Connor came tapping on the cabin door after lunch.

"You ready? Let's go."

I stepped out and looked around to see if anyone was watching us. Nobody was around.

"You know, I probably shouldn't be showing you this. The last time I left, my girlfriend lost a leg."

I put my hands in my pocket and followed him towards the forest.

"Yeah, has she tried the prosthetic I made?" I asked.

Connor looked to me. "You made that?"