Just A Crush-Shigeo Kageyama x reader

As soon as school ended I ran out of my class in search of the familiar expressionless boy I've grown fond of since we were little. I spotted him up ahead since he's the only one who can rock a bowl cut and even from the distance I could spot his cheeks turning pink.

Tsubomi. He's looking at her yet again, Shigeo has always had a crush on her but he's way too shy and awkward to even get close to her.

To me that makes him even cuter. Of course he acts a bit differently around me since we've known each other since kids. I know he might never feel the same way I do.

I know he'll never blush when he sees me or stutter whenever I'd get close. Being his best friend is all I need to have him close even if my heart gets broken.

"Shigeo!" I sing his song and put on a smile when I approached him and hugged his shoulder

"Oh, hello (Y/N) didn't expect to see you out so soon." He bluntly tells me and focused his dark dull eyes on mine.

"I had to beat and push everyone out of my way! Like that time we were at the cafeteria and someone grabbed the last brownie." I grin remembering how Shigeo was slightly frightened when he said me fighting over the sweet dessert.

"I do hope you didn't at least make a mess. Hold on." Shigeo said when his phone rang and I listened to him mutter a few okays an nodding his .

Shigeo looked at me and I could read through his expression. "That was Reigen wasn't it?" I was correct.

"He says he needs some exorcism and wants me to head over. Some client asked for him but his powers aren't working.

That lying son of a bitch. I sigh irritated and pinch the bridge of my nose. "Seriously..can you at least ask the man for a raise? Or not buy you some takoyaki-"

"But I like takoyaki..."

I stare at him and he stared back without a word from either of us. He can be such a lost cause most of the times.."Mob, all I ask is for you to put your life first. Reigen is a nice guy but an idiot. He's an adult so he doesn't need a kid like us doing his dirty work."

Mob blinked and tapped his chin. "I know what you mean but master is a nice man who knows what he's doing."

"Are you sure about that? That man can be a real pain." Dimple suddenly appeared next to Mob and tiredly looked at us.

Mob or Shigeo started to walk away which made my face go red song I was getting angry. "But we promised we'd do to that new diner together!" I remember him.

"I'll be back on time. Dimple make sure (Y/N) gets home safely." He murmured making Dimple groan out loud and fly over to my side.

Together we watched Shigeo leave to Reigen's office. I felt empty and sad inside, Dimple must be noticed my sudden change and tried comforting me with a pat.

"I know how ya feel kid, but don't you think you should give up? I mean the only thing on Shigeo's mind is working with Reigen and that girl thats not you."

"You're not helping." I grit my teeth glaring at the green spirit floating next to me.

He raises his hands up and sighs out, "Kid, you know what I'm tryin' to say. Shigeo listens to no one but his master so you should look after yourself some more than looking out for others."

I have to say Dimple is surprisingly right on that. I love Shigeo but he'll never look at me that way and I should look for after myself. Annoyed and tried I move my dark hair out of my eyes and give him a small nod.

"I guess you're right."

"I am always right." Dimple says with a smirk.

***********

Dimple left me off at my house and I skipped dinner when my parents called for me. I don't feel hungry. I sadly sighed and rested my head on the window while looking out at the dark starry sky. It feels so lonely.

Shigeo and I used to hang out before all this happened with Reigen and the only sane one out of the group would be Dimple since Reigen is a man child and barely takes things seriously.

From what I heard tomorrow they would be heading to a farm like place where an old man planted his seeds and soon all the vegetables rotted. He believes the place is cursed.

Shigeo should at least take a break from using his powers and be a normal kid at least for a week. His brothers thinks the same way but he can't control Mob, no one can. Especially when he goes 100%. I got scared and concerned when I saw him use it for the first time, I kept shouting his name when his eyes glowed white and his hair stuck up and our surroundings got intense.

A block of the ceiling almost fell on me if it weren't for that blonde hair weirdo kid who saved me. Shigeo didn't talk to me for weeks blaming himself on what happened and I could see the hurt in his eyes.

I could've died that day. I'll admit I was scared of him but a bit but he needs someone to look out for him, someone his age and someone who isn't Reigen.

Shigeo's personality didn't change right after that incident happened and as usual I'd caught him staring at his crush. I don't know much about Tsubomi but she is prettier than me and nice.

I just want him to look at me the same way he looks at her. I sniffed and wiped my tears as I continue watching the night sky.

**********

"Morning, (Y/N). Sorry I couldn't go to the diner, what did you think of it?" Mob bluntly asked when he reached my desk.

"What did I think of it?" I ask him confused. I see his cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"O-Oh I thought you went there by yourself. I was going to call you but my battery died and Tsubomi asked me out."

My eyes widen and my mouth began to tremble. I furrowed my eyebrows and faked a smile, "Oh? Congrats! What did you t-two talk about?" I pretend that I'm interested.

Mob finally went out with Tsubomi. My heart feels like it broke into pieces. "Not m-much but she was nice enough that we shared a milkshake together."

They are even sharing drinks?! I slowly got up from my seat and stared down at the ground not wanting to meet his face.

"I've gotta go...I'll see you later." I grabbed my things and quickly excused myself and ran to the library. No one was luckily here so I sadly and tired tell to the ground and hugged my knees together.

"I'm sorry, kid. But life is cruel, we all can't get what we want." Dimple muttered appearing next to me and patted my head.

"I'm sorry kid." He repeated again, so I continued to cry and he tried to make me feel better. This is just a stupid little middle school crush after all.