Benevolent_Day & Toddler!Reader

[Author's P.O.V]

"OOMPH-"

Practical gasped and woke up to the weight of Y/N landing on his stomach.

Y/N giggled as they crawled off his stomach and onto the floor. They stretched out their little baby arms and yawned.

Practical regained his posture and sat up, rubbing his hair while yawning.

"Well, that was some wake-up call. Anyways.. come on Y/N, we gotta bring you over to Bene's."

[...]

As Y/N was skipping along the road, holding Practical's thumb, Y/N stopped in their tracks, making Practical wonder why they had stopped walking.

"What is it?"

"cake!! it guy who make yummy food!!"

Practical laughed, figuring out that Y/N is familiar to his bakery.

"That's right. I guess you already know him then."

Y/N nodded and ran over to the bakery, only to trip on their own feet, and land right at Benevolent's feet.

"Oh!" Benevolent said surprised.

Y/N stood up, looked around-

"Don't look at them.." Benevolent said as he looked away from Y/N.

-and cried.

"Oh you poor thing.. come on. Doctor Bene will take care of you."

Benevolent waved 'bye' to Practical and walked inside to get his first aid kit. He sat Y/N down on the table, took out some cotton balls and rubbing alcohol, and dabbed at the scraped parts.

Y/N winced.

"Shhh, it's okay.. I'll put a small band-aid becausd it's not that big."

Benevolent took out a band-aid that had cute little designs, placed it on their knee, gave it a small kiss, and then packed away his kit.

"There. All better!"

Y/N wiped their eyes and started giggling. They gave Benevolent a big hug.

"thwank u"

Benevolent smiled.

"Well Y/N.. why don't you help me decorate some pastries? There's gonna be a party-like event tomorrow and I have a lot of baking, cooking, and then decorating to do."

Y/N nodded, then remembered they helped Practical cook.

"me helped Praci.. Prac.. Practy-"

"Practical? You can call him Practi."

"yes. me helped him cook ywesterday!!"

"Ah, so you have experience then. Come on, time to help."

Y/N was picked up and brought back to the floor. They followed Benevolent into the kitchen where he gave them an apron and some gloves. Since their hair was short, they didn't need to cover it.

Benevolent started out with teaching Y/N how to put icing on the cupcakes. Once they got the hang of it, he let them be and continued on working on his cake.

The two continued on decorating the pastries, while having fun as well throughout the rest of the day.

When both were finished, Benevolent got some boxes and stored the cake finished layers into them and placed the cupcakes into a cupcake tray. He went to his storage room and placed the pastries there, making sure the room temperature was nice.

When he came back, he found Y/N asleep under the table. He smiled and bent down, placing Y/N in his arms, but ended up in having them wake up.

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

Y/N yawned.

"me hungry"

"I'll go make some sandwiches and then we can go somewhere, it's nighttime right now but I wanna spend some more time looking after you."

Y/N nodded and watched as Benevolent placed them down and began making their food.

Once he was finished, he put on his Operative gear. He got an unusual bead, went over to Y/N and showed them it.

"Okay. Open your mouth and swallow this. If you're worried about what Papa will say, I already contacted him and he said it's okay."

Y/N opened their mouth and swallowed the small, edible, bead.

"Good. Now let's go."

He carried Y/N in one arm and held the bag of sandwiches in the other.

He walked with Y/N all the way until they reached the Nature Sector.

"Okay, come on. You can run from here all the way to that hill."

He placed Y/N down onto the grass and watched as they ran off.

As soon as he got to the hill, he sat down and patted the ground next to him. He gave Y/N their sandwich and looked towards the City buildings.

"I'm sure you have questions about what will happen at the event, don't you?"

Y/N nodded.

"It'll be a big fancy party. There'll be food, music- and although your father isn't here, Emotionless will be in charge of letting all Civilians know of upcoming events coming to the City. Including.. moving to a new City."

Y/N looked away from Benevolent and towards the direction of the City.

"no more this one?"

"Correct. Emotionless, or Emo for short, will be letting us know if we'll be moving there once your father gets back or if you'll see your father again but at the new City.

Y/N stopped eating their sandwich and suddenly.. fell asleep?

Benevolent stood up.

"Must be the beads effects."

He picked Y/N up into his arms and made his way over towards his Residence.

Once inside, he went over towards his bed, layed Y/N down, and tucked them in.

"Sweet dreams."

Benevolent turned off the lights, leaving the room to be pitch black.

{to be continued}