6

F me right now, lost all of what I initially wrote for this chapter :c

Question: breakfast or skip?

❤️

DANIELLE H--6

____________

Danielle,

the definition of self-respect,

had never entered my mind,

you crafted that into my improved being.

______________

"WHY CAN'T WE start it now? Huh Danielle?" Marcus widens his eyes in annoyance, breathing in and out excessively - trying to control his anger at my number one award in procrastination.

My Marcus is never one to procrastinate: the fact that the room I'm about to sleep in is bare he definitely wants to have it at least painted today and I obviously do not.

"Because, it's hard." Seriously though, who does he think I am? Bob the mighty builder? I did love that programme though: the man with the honey yellow helmet and the tools... those special tools he used to fix everything with — that's not the point though.

Why is he always willing to do strenuous activities, can't a girl rest?

"I just came back Marcus - literally a few days ago," I place the back of my hand on my head dramatically and fall to the ground on my knees, "I'm ever so tired, please," he scrunches at me in disbelief.

"What in the hell." He scoffs.

"Please, Marcus... do it yourself. There's no we in tiredness, I need to rest," I point at him confidently, I definitely made a great point, "and you're wide awake."

"Are you really that lazy? What the fuck." He starts laughing in annoyance and shakes his head, dropping the painting brush which held the baby pink hue that would decorate my walls, onto the floor.

"You should know that already, remember? I was diagnosed with laziness?"

"Are you really already being sassy? Because of that emo-"

"Don't finish that, please. I'm just feeling tired, we don't have to do this, not again." It's only been a few days and on the first day I came to London Marcus and I were already arguing and now we're arguing now!

Before we would rarely argue: we could go months without arguing and when we did argue it was diffused quickly, not having one of us looking like the steam pot Marcus is now.

What's wrong with me?

"Not again? Who's fault is that? Oh I don't know," Marcus feigns shrugging, "maybe the one who happily broke our homeland curse?" Oh my goodness he's still on about this? I thought this was just about painting my room?

"Yes, I did recently meet Danielle but-"

"R-recently?" He rakes his long slender fingers in his hair, his hand free of visible veins. "You met the girl today!"