Chapter 31: Illusion

Start from the beginning

"Calum you've already helped me enough." I put my book bag on my shoulder and gave him a look.

"A car ride isn't gonna hurt anything... cmon olivia. I know you don't wanna walk all the way home." He said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and followed his lead out of the library and to his car.

"Damn everyone in LA has nice cars." I said as we walked up to his Model X Tesla.

"Well when your family works in the music industry..." He didn't finish his sentence because we both knew he was gonna talk about money.

"Kidding. I don't like flaunting my money. But when my parents offer to buy me a car I'm not gonna turn it down." He laughed as we pulled out the parking a lot.

"You're telling me your family works in the music industry and you don't have any friends?" I asked suspiciously.

"I mean I have a few. None that go to school though. It's hard to find people who don't try to use you when they know who your family is." He said.

"Well I'll gladly be your friend." I said because I understand where he was coming from since I was dating Harry.

"So where to?" He asked, changing the subject.

"It's not far from here I walk to school everyday. I'll tell you where to turn." I said. I just looked outside the window since I didn't have my phone on me.

"Turn right up there where that car just pulled out." I said when we stopped at a red light.

"Wow you don't live that far. You really could have walked." He laughed.

"Psh yeah I told you..." I rolled my eyes and grabbed my stuff to get ready to get out.

"Thanks for helping me Calum and thanks for the ride. I'll see you tomorrow." I said as I got out his car.

"Hey call me Cal. And you're welcome I'm glad you were in a better mood today!" He yelled as I walked away. I laughed and flipped him off again as his car sped away.

I checked my phone when I got up to the apartment but it was dead. I guess it died since I had forgotten to charge it last night so I went to plug it in next to the bed.

I decided to make myself dinner with whatever I could find in the kitchen because I didn't want to call post mates or call an Uber to take me somewhere to get food. I ended up making some boxed pasta I found in the pantry and it didn't take long to cook.

When I finished cooking I decided to check on my phone before I ate. I had a missed call from Harry and a few from Grace and text messages from both of them. I decided to open Harry's messages first because I knew he'd be harder to get in touch with.

H: hope everything's okay. i love u xxx
H: liv call me now
H: why are you not answering????

I called him immediately because I was really worried.

It rang one time and he picked up right away.

"Harry what's wrong??" I asked worried.

"I think you know Olivia." Harry's voice was angry and he had never used that tone with me.

"No I actually don't do if you could please explain instead of accusing me that'd be really nice." I said sternly. I was confused why he was mad at me.

"You seemed to forget to tell me you were hanging out with Calum Stringer." I could tell he was angry and disappointed.

"I didn't think I had to tell you my every move Harry? He's in my class and we were just studying for a test... plus you should trust me anyway." I got defensive and I started to get angry.

"Olivia that's not the point you're all over the fucking news. Do you not know who this guy is?" His voice was very deep and low.

"He told me his family worked in the music industry, but honestly who isn't when you're from LA?" I said sarcastically.

"His family isn't just in the music industry his dad is the CEO of Sony Music. The music company that I work with. Do you know how bad this looks on my part Olivia?? Everyone already thinks you cheated on me! It's everywhere!" He started to raise his voice through the phone.

I didn't know what to say. It felt like a slap in the face, and I didn't think studying with someone would cause this much of a problem.

"Harry I didn't mean for this to happen? Look I'm sorry, that's all I can say. I don't want to argue over the phone like this. Can't your team or something figure out a way to clear this up?" I asked.

"I don't know olivia. I have to go, I'll talk to you later." And he hung up the phone without saying I love you.

I couldn't cry because I was so angry about what was happening. I went to the bedroom and screamed into my pillow out of frustration and I punched my fists into the bed.

I checked my texts from Grace and it was her freaking out about the pictures spotted with Calum. Someone spotted us in the library together and the photos were taken at angles to make us look closer than we actually were. There were more photos of us walking to his car and me getting in with him.

"Ugh these are terrible." I yelled to my self. I texted Grace and explained everything to her. I got a text from an unknown number that said

?: Hey. Can we talk? It's Cal.
O: i think youve done enough...
Cal: Please just let me call you.

Soon after that my phone was ringing and decided to accept the call at the last second.

"Yes cal?" I asked annoyed.

"Olivia I'm sorry I didn't mean for this mess to happen. I didn't realize who you were, but I promise if I did this wouldn't have happened."

"Yeahhhhh. Okay I have my own problems I need to fix." I said about to hang up the phone.

"Wait! Olivia I really am sorry. But you can't blame me, you should've told me who your boyfriend was." He said.

"Cal I shouldn't have to tell random strangers that my boyfriend is Harry Styles that defeats the purpose of being normal." I said in a sassy tone.

"Well now you know how I feel about my dad..." He made a valid point.

"Cal just fix this mess. It also makes it worse that Harry works with Sony..."

"I know I'm sorry Olivia. Well I'll let you go. See you tomorrow." He said and hung up the phone.

Shit. I forgot I'd see him in class tomorrow.