Chapter 3

"Everyone please make their way to the throne room. Thank you." A strange voice said through the intercom placed in each of the rooms.

I smoothed out my skirt and walked out of my room and through the corridor towards the throne room. I walked into the massive room and stood amongst the others who were there. "Hi! I'm Kate." the girl I stood next to said.

 I just gave her a small smile and looked towards the front of the room. This Kate girl clearly didn't understand I wasn't in the mood for talking because she kept speaking to me.

"What's your name? Where are you from? I'm from Oltosis. It's nice there! You should come..."

"Shut up!" the guy on the opposite side of her.

 She mumbled something I couldn't comprehend and looked down at the floor. I glared at him and looked down to Kate.

"I'm Kendra, from Pequeno," I said quietly to Kate. She looked up at me and grinned. At that moment I knew that she and I would become good friends.

Kate and I made small talk until we heard the door to the grand room open and close. In walked the King and Queen of Ulcany, along with their 2 children, Carter and Amelia.

"Welcome to our home. We hope you are settled in and comfortable. As you probably know, these are my two children. The 40 of you will be competing for them. Over the next few days, we will be going over rules and such. Your first test will be two days from now. Breakfast is at 8 am. Lunch is at 12:30 pm. Dinner will be served at 6 pm. Be late for a meal, you don't get fed.  You are dismissed." The king said.

We all walked in the direction of our rooms. I quickly got to mine and went to my dressing portal. I chose a pair of sweats and a comfy sweater. I immediately relaxed. I lay on my bed and looked at the top of my nightstand to see the automatic electronic remote. The opposite one had a book finder. I opted for a little TV. I had only ever watched TV twice in my life. Once for the competition for Prince Derrick ten years ago and another time for his wedding. I tapped the button that said TV and it dropped from inside the ceiling. I turned it on and saw the Choosing from all of the 10 provinces. I then saw mine. It was as if a ten year old was standing on that giant stage I looked so fragile, so pale, so alone.

 I shut the TV off; I couldn’t bear to watch it anymore. I walked out of my room and through the long corridor. I found the throne room quite easily and I began to take in the beautiful scene, the beautiful tapestries and the majestic thrones.

“What are you doing in here?” a voice boomed throughout the room.

I jumped and spun around to find the source of the voice. At first glance, I thought it was Josh. I smiled at the thought of Josh being there to save me but then I took in his appearance. He looked like Josh but wasn’t him. It was Prince Carter, I recognized him from earlier.

“Funny seeing as how you could possibly marry me and you choose not to speak with me,” He said, looking at me.

I turned around and walked out of the room. I got to my bedroom in record time and walked over to the dressing portal to get ready for dinner. I really missed getting dressed for myself. All of this technology is overwhelming. I typed in ‘Dinner Wear’ and stepped into the portal. I stepped out and moved to the mirror to inspect my outfit. I had on a pink dress with a brown woven belt. I also had some brown wedges on. I felt way too overdressed. A knock came from towards the door and I walked over to open it.

“Are you ready for hair and makeup?” my stylist asked, walking into the room.

I nodded my head and walked over and sat in the chair at my makeup table. My stylist, named Lauren, was done my hair very quickly. She applied some light eye shadow and a little lip gloss. By then, it was 5:45 so I made my way to the dining room. I found it quickly and sat down next to Kate at the end of the table. The royals walked in and we were all served. I felt so stupid sitting at the end of the table. It turned out that the King and Queen were skipping dinner so Carter and Amelia had the ends of the table. With me and all of my luck, the conceded jerk sat next to me. I was quiet all through dinner only asking for a drink or seconds or answering yes or no questions.

After that extremely awkward dinner, I made my way back to the room. I was extremely tired and just really wanted to sleep. I put pajamas into the portal and came out in a silk night shirt. I slipped under my covers and the mattress conformed to the shape of my body. I could get used to this.

Okay, so im beginning to think that this story isn't going to be loved. Im gonna post it anyways but I hope the people that actually read this truly like it! Please vote/ comment! xxx