"Huh?"

"If you're working on someone else's car and I call you, you have to drop whatever you're doing and tend to me. I'm the one who got you this job, so my shit comes first.

"Oh... Okay."

Might as well call me your slave, while you're at it.

A car slowly rolls up into the alleyway behind us with 90's hip hop booming. JK looks above my head and nudges his chin, making me turn around.

"Q and Offset are here."

"Yo, JK!" Quavo tosses an elbow over his convertible door. The summer rays bounce off of his shades blindingly, it makes it hard to look at him directly when we approach them. JK smiles and smacks their hands, "What's good?"

Quavo smile falls a little when he recognizes me, simultaneously handing JK a roll-up. "Watchyu' doing with Gear girl?"

"Giving her a trial run." He shrugs, flicking his thumb against the blade of his lighter. "Turns out she's not that bad at tuning."

Not that bad? Is he serious right now?

"Hmm... Shawty be looking a little young." Offset exhales smoke and nudges his chin at me. "You legal?"

I nod quickly. "Yes, of course. Can I ask how old you guys are?"

"27." Offset answers. Quavo follows, "28. JK's the youngest here though."

"Oh... How old are you?"

"22." He replies, "You?"

"18..." I answer hesitantly. I guess that makes me the youngest.

"It's cool, you're legal." JK rests a hand on my lower back whilst leaning to my ear, "But if anyone's asks, just say you're 21."

"Okay... Um, why?"

"Gatti's more than just racing little girl. Real shit goes down here." Quavo says, "Can't have no kids running 'round the camp like shooters."

"Oh. I see." I nod. I have literally no idea what that means...

After lighting the tip of his roll-up and inhaling with squinty eyes, JK pulls away the brown paper between two fingers and blows out smoke before holding it out to me. "You smoke?"

I shake my head. "Oh, no I don't do that."

"Try it." Offset laughs. "You might fuck with it."

"No really that's okay, I..."

The pyramid of their stares creates this pressuring dome around that narrows all focus to the joint. I look down and gulp...

Just do it, Shego.

So with hesitance, I nervously pinch the rolled paper and lift it to my lips. The part that had JK's lips on it now slips between mine as I inhale amateurly.

*Wheeze!* I instantly start choking. There's a strange imbalance of smoke leaving my nostrils and lips simultaneously, making me desperately hand the weed back to JK whilst clearing my airways with squinted lids. Honestly, why would anyone inhale that??