Chapter 26

I found myself waking up from a nap. It was still dark out but the sun was slowly starting to shine. The music was still playing but very faintly. I climb down the latter and see everyone passed out. The room reeked of booze and tabaco, but what's new? The clock said 4:27 A.M. My morning shift was supposed to be in an hour. I sat down in the bar and contemplated whether I should go or not. I was filling in for another doctor who couldn't go.

I get in my car and drive home. I was stinky, cold, and tired. Kind of fucked up that Jax left me there. I know his intentions weren't bad and he probably didn't know I was still up there but I would've preferred to nap in my house.

I don't even bother changing or anything. I flow down on the couch and sleep.

I wake up to the brightest glare hitting my face. I checked the time and it was 3:00 PM. So much for my morning shift. I took a shower, changed, and drive to work.

"You're a very talented doctor and I admire your skills, but the disappearances and lack of effort on your part is done with."

"I know I'm sorry this won't happen again."

"There are plenty of people who would kill to have your place. It's time you grow up and face the consequences."

"Dr. Towell please, I can assure you this will not happen again."

"I understand Dr. Flores it won't happen again because you're out." My stomach dropped down all the way to hell. My career in Charming flashed before my eyes. There was no other hospital nearby. My life in Charming was over.

*Knock Knock*

"Oh hi Tara."

"Marilyn is it true? The staff said-"

"Yes it's true."

"You we're doing so good what happened?"

"I appreciate the concern but I rather not talk about it. It's done it's over, nothing can be done."

"That's not true you can call the board and appeal the decision."

"I'm okay, thanks for stopping by." I said and I closed the door. Truth is, I guess I wasn't really feeling it. Saint Thomas was a great hospital but it just didn't feel right. I felt like something was missing.

*Weeks Later*

A message appears on my phone.

"Marylin come outside right now." I turn off my phone and continue to nod off.

Loud sounds coming from my front door but I can't make out what it is. My eyes are barely open and I am hardly conscious. A large figure stormed in my room before I went back to sleep.

I wake up the sounds of beeping monitors. I slowly regain my consciousness and realize where I am. I couldn't remember anything.

"You're awake. I'll get the nurse." I sit up confused.

"Hello Marilyn welcome back. How are you feeling?" I rub my eyes to try to help with my blurred vision.

"What happened? Why is he here?"

"Do you remember what happened?" The nurse asked.

"No."

"That's okay. I'm going to go get the Doctor. Mr. Grey I'll leave her to you."

"Thank you nurse."

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be in Seattle where you belong."

"Marilyn, I came over here out of your worry."

"Worry about what?"

"I heard you were fired."

"You didn't hear shit you got your people and stalked me. Not sure why I haven't filed for a restraining order yet."

"I found you passed out in your bed with a needle stuck in your arm. You would've died if I didn't go." Right when he said that I slowly started to remember what happened. Did I hit rock bottom again? I had been clean for over 10 years. The doctor came inside.

"Hello Dr. Flores I'm Dr. Chang, do you remember me?" How embarrassing I overdosed and got admitted to the hospital where I got fired. Now all my ex colleagues know.

"Hi Dr. Chang yeah of course I remember you. How's your daughter?"

"She's fine. If you don't mind I need to speak with Dr. Flores alone." He told everyone in the room so they all left.

"Marilyn I heard what happened and I'm worried about you."

"Thanks but I'm fine really. This was a one time thing and plus I already found a job elsewhere. I was just celebrating my exiting out of Charming one last time but I guess I over did it. Really I'm fine." Dr. Chang smiled at held my hand. He nodded his head and walked out the room. Of course everything I said was complete B.S. I didn't have a job, I wasn't celebrating, I was just drowned in my own pitty for the stupid decisions I tend to make.

Christian walked back into the room.

"Please go away. You're honestly the last person I want to see. Plus you're dead if anyone sees you. Literally no reason for you to be here."

"You don't have a job. There's only one hospital in this town."

"So I'll get another job and move to another town. Done and done."

"You can stay at my place while you get yourself together."

"Thanks but no thanks."

"If I leave you you're just going to do this again until you can't do it anymore."

"I appreciate your concern but I- you called my mom?"

"The hospital did." If this day couldn't get any worse, it just did.

"Wow no puedo creer que estás haciendo tus putas pendejadas otra vez." My mom angrily said in Spanish. She only talks to me in Spanish when she's mad because she knows I don't understand her.

"Okay I know I messed up ya it's over it's not gonna happen again. You didn't need to come."

"The hospital called and told me my fuckin daughter O.D'd am I just supposed to ignore?"

"Yes!" I said extremely angry. Christian introduced himself to her and told her who he was and everything. He kissed my cheek and left me alone with my mom.

"If it wasn't for that man you wouldn't been dead. How can you be so stupid he has a lot of money and you're pushing him away."

"Because I don't like him I don't want to be with him, it's not only about the money."

"If your brother was here he would be so disappointed."

"Yeah well he's not here anymore so there's no need to bring him up."

"How long have you been using"

"I haven't been using I did it once."

"Stop fuckin lying to me I see all the tracks in your fuckin arm. Pinche desgraciada."

"Like two weeks. I'm done I'm stopping calm down."

"Why didn't you tell me you got fired?"

"Looks like I didn't tell you a lot of things." My mom and I continued to argue until she finally calmed down. She was just worried about my safety, nothing wrong with that. I have her a hug and she left.