Chapter 19

"Jax." She tells him. She doesn't look mad or sad, she looks disappointed.

"Tara I'm sorry he was just asking me some questions. I shouldn't of came in."

"You know I believed you when you said it wasn't you, but now I'm starting to think it's not him it's only you."

"Tara stop it." Jax tells her in distress.

"Well since you already think I'm sleeping with him, what's stopping me from starting?" I said and walked away. I let them deal with their marital issues. I want no part in someone else's marriage. It's not fair that they both put me in this impossible position. They both act like their in high school. We're adults, we don't need to be dealing with this shit. I'm involving myself too much in other people's problems, unintentionally. Maybe moving over here wasn't a good idea. Now that my ex Christian is off in LaLa land with my ex friend Stacy, what's stopping me from leaving this shit hole?

I started looking at apartments for rent elsewhere. San Leandro, Oakland, Hayward, all near by cities. Kaiser Permanente is always hiring, I could probably work for them. Who could I ask that knows where to move and probably has connections? Of course.

"Grey Enterprises"

"Hello I'm Dr. Flores, I was wondering if you can forward my cell number and email to Mr. Grey."

"Definitely, what is this regarding Dr. Flores?"

"Tell him Dr. Flores needs to speak to him whenever he can. Thank you."

I didn't have his number or email so calling his office was the best bet.

A few hours pass by and before I knew it, I received a phone call.

"This is Marylin Flores."

"Dr. Flores, it's a pleasure hearing your voice again."

"Mr. Grey, thank you for reaching out so quick. I uh- I was wondering if I can speak to you about some real estate information."

"I don't discuss information over the phone. How about we discuss this over some coffee tomorrow."

"Sure sounds great. I should be available after 1pm."

"I'll have Taylor pick you up then."

"Thank you Mr. Grey."

"Dr. Flores always a pleasure." And just like that, I had my meeting with him. I'm very excited for this opportunity. It's not often you get to meet a multi billionaire, but better yet, to give you real estate advice? Who better than someone invested in the game. I did my night time routine and decided to go to bed. Right when I got comfortable, a knock came to my door. I got a little scared since it was 11pm. I let it knock but they weren't going away. I got up and heard a familiar voice.

"Jax? What are you doing here? Tara's gonna get pissed."

"I came to apologize for her."

"You can apologize in the morning. Do you know what time it is? If she sees you over here she's gonna loose her shit."

"Can I come in?" I let him in.

"Mar Tara and I are not good right now."

"I know, that's why you shouldn't be over here. You're making it worse."

"She's trying to take my kids away."

"What? No she won't do it she's just threatening you."

"Look Mar I have no one to turn to, Gemma would kill her if I told her, same goes for my crew. I don't know what to do. I'm not usually the type to show up to a girl's house asking for help."

"I'm sorry, I don't know how to help you. Just be honest with Gemma, calm her down, she won't kill her."

"I'm not so sure about that, she's threatened you for Tara, what wouldn't she do for her grandkids."

"I'm sorry Jax. I can't be in between you and Tara anymore. It's not fair to me. You saw her earlier she thinks we have something going on."

"She's not wrong."

"I know she's not. That's why I can't. It's not fair." We walked over to the door.

"Sorry for ruining your marriage."

"It was doomed from the start darling. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Next Morning

I woke up, did my daily morning routine, and ran my errands for the day.

*Knock Knock*

"Good afternoon Miss Flores. I'm Taylor, I'll be taking you to see Mr. Grey."

"Sure thanks." I said and followed him to the car. As he opened the door for me, I see Jax smoking a cigarette in his front porch,shirtless. I waved at him as he lit up and he waved back. I got inside the fancy black car.

After about 20 minutes of the ride, we pulled up to a little family owned diner. Taylor opened the door for me and there was Christian waiting for me.

"Mr. Grey I'll be quite honest, I wasn't expecting a place like this."

"Nice to see you Dr. Flores." He said as he opened the door for me to go inside. We sat down and the waitress came over.

"Hi I'm Chelsea and I'll be serving you today." She said looking at Christian and completely ignoring my presence. "Can I get you some coffee Mr. Grey?"

"Yes all black."

"Of course anything for you Mr. Grey." She said in a very flirtatious manner. I awkwardly sat there until she looked at me. She didn't say a word and neither did I.

"Are you gonna order anything?" Chelsea asked me as if I wanted her burden.

"Chelsea I think my date would also like a cup of coffee."

"Coming right up." She said.

"So this is a date?"

"She was being rude to you Dr. Flores."

"Please start calling me Marilyn or Mar."

"Okay Marilyn. So why am I here?"

"I'm thinking about moving. Not just houses but area. I figured you have some knowledge in the real estate world so I thought I could ask you."

"I can set you up with my realtor, she's great. Hasn't disappointed me yet."

"That would be great Mr. Grey thank you."

"Christian." He corrected me. Chelsea came back with our coffees.

"Thank you Chelsea." Christian thanked her.

"Why do you want to move?"

"I moved here very recent actually, to have a fresh start. And ever since I've been here, I feel like I haven't gotten what I came for."

"Where did you initially come from?"

"San Francisco."

"You wanted to move to a small quiet town."

"Yes, but I think I miss being in the city."

"What about Seattle?"

"All the way to Seattle? I've never thought about that."

"Yes its quite a large city." I sat there thinking about it, but continued to drink my coffee. Maybe moving out of state wouldn't be so bad.