Hours...pardon the expression...flew by like nothing to Sander as the silence surrounded him and his friends. Breecan was still upset that the Original did nothing to help Cora or them from danger, and he was clearly upset about the five as well. They were like family to him, and now they were dead, each and every one of them. Could Sander ever replace his friends? No, never.

"Down there," the Original finally said.

Sander looked beneath them and saw nothing but dark trees. He was about to say something when suddenly he saw something small move. Everyone was silent as they watched the dark creature, unsure of what it was, and Sander held his breath as his eyes wandered over to the Original.

"What is it?" Breecan asked.

"That, is what we need to catch in order to get to the safe haven," the Original explained.

"How?" Sander questioned.

The Original gave him a devilish smile and said, "As you pathetic humans say, 'Elementary, my dear Watson.'"

Sander smiled and then felt a strange urge in his gut. He really wanted to get close to whatever that creature was. The Original hovered closer to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. The gesture was more for comfort, that much he could tell, but he didn't know why she would want to comfort him...after all, she wasn't the nicest person in the world.

"Don't fight the urge," she said. "Use it. Your instincts are wanting to take over but you're refusing access to them. You have the power to teleport, and you can easily use that to catch that creature."

He looked at her. "Really? I'm able to control it?"

She smiled and Sander felt himself blush. She had a beautiful smile, one that could've melted the polar ice caps, and Sander didn't care if she knew he thought that. Suddenly she removed her hand from his shoulder and Sander thought he saw her cheeks become red, but he thought he was then seeing things.

"Well," she said slowly, and then she suddenly turned toward Breecan and Sander and slapped their backs as she flew higher while shouting, "go get it!"

--

She was hiding now; hiding from the world, and the shadow. He was now relentless as he tried to pry the answers he sought out of her, and she hated to admit it, but she was becoming afraid of her friend. How could she possibly hide from him forever?

"Avery?"

The shadow was here. He found her. She held her breath in order to stay quiet.

She heard him sigh. "Avery, please. I'm sorry about the kiss, and I'm sorry about trying to get the answers I want out of you; I know it's not in our deal."

"No, it's not," she finally said.

The shadow suddenly appeared in front of her and sat in front down. She could easily see his features growing more human-like, and she was afraid she would lose him. She's cried too much and he's taken too many tears; he's becoming mortal again, and once that happens, he will forget everything once more. That was what his curse was, all because of a stupid childish game.

"Why are you sad, my bird?" Shadow asked.

"You've taken too many tears, and you'll become human if I cry again," she said.

He smiled. She could see his defined outline now, he was no longer just a shadow. His left eye was beginning to form so he could actually see, and his movements looked like he had bones instead of nothing there at all. The shadow had become terrifying, even to her, but yet, she still loved him.

The Original let out a long sigh. "Shadow-"

"Please," he said, "call me by my name."

She was surprised.

"Please, I know I have one, but my memory fails me every time."

"Braylin," she said in defeat.

The shadow froze once his name reached him. His expression was of surprise, at least of what she could tell, and he slowly began to smile.

"That's right. I remember my name...Braylin Thomson, right?" Shadow chuckled. "Did we know each other before I was the shadow?"

How should I answer? She thought.

"I knew you."

He seemed to light up. This is what he wanted to know, he wanted to know about himself before anything else, including her, just like before. Would he ever change for her? Even when he became completely new each time? So far he hasn't, even though he's at her mercy of knowing. She would always fall for him, no matter how many times she said she wouldn't and no matter how many times he betrayed her. The shadow felt her gaze on him and he looked at her.

"What the matter, my bird?" he asked.

"Nothing, I'm just tired."

He smiled again. "Alright then, go ahead and rest...I'm make sure no one finds you."

Could she trust him? Would she trust him? She saw no choice now, so she closed her eyes and let sleep overwhelm her.

--

Hey everyone! Terribly sorry about the wait; finals and holidays took it out of me!

Hope you enjoyed reading this, I'm planning on starting another story soon, so check it out when it's available.

Please comment and vote! Thanks! Cya guys later!