So to steal a quote from the book Daniel is obsessed with, oblivion really is inevitable. And not only that, it's a bitch.

        To make matters worse, today in particular was a terrible one. Megan was still rambling about my "heroic plan of escape" while Aiden sat back as usual. Marcus was in a bad mood for some reason, and Daniel was trying make everything better which obviously only made things worse.

        "Would you give it a rest?" I groaned, shooting a glare at Megan who was across the table.

        "No," she said firmly. "You know you want to get out of here, so no. I won't give it a rest."

        I dropped my head onto the table. "You're getting your hopes up," I said, loud enough so they could hear even with my face smashed against the table's surface.

        "Wouldn't be the first time," was her only reply.

        In case it couldn't get worse, it did. Later than day in arts and crafts, I was too busy distracted by my own thoughts that I sliced my fingers with children's scissors. How the hell I managed it, I would never know, but it hurt like a bitch and it cut pretty deep. That was one way to let frustration out, yet it was incredibly stupid and unintentional.

        Granted, when the warden came down to my cell in particular, I was in no mood to be bothered. I had already been in this dank place for a week, and I was on the verge of cutting my own head off. Needless to say, my sarcasm had reached a whole new level that day.

        The warden stared at me through the glass while the guard did the code, and when the door opened, I actually laughed for no particular reason other than I was fed up with everything. Daniel was watching from his cell, curious and worried all the same. Marcus was beside me, so I'm not even sure he could see what was going on.

        "Find humor in being locked up, Styles?" asked the warden.

        I raised my hand as if we would be clinking glasses. "I must considering this is my fourth time."

        "Enjoying yourself?"

        "Quite." I stood. "Especially the never-ending thoughts of different ways I can commit suicide because you all are actually driving me that close to the edge."

        Evelyn smirked, tilting her head to the side. "Wouldn't that be a show to watch."

        "Bet you'd like it more if I was naked."

        It was my turn to smirk out of amusement when her face completely fell. She took in a breath, snapped something to the guards, and then I was being tugged out the cell.

        "Who knew a warden of a criminally insane institution could be so sensitive to nudity," I said as they dragged me down the hall.

        She ignored me. "Get the younger one, too," she said to someone. "He'll have just as much as a part in this as Styles."

        It was when I glanced back that I realized they were talking about Daniel. "Oh great. We can count to three and shoot each other in the face at the same time."

        Evelyn kicked me in the back of the knees from behind and that's when I got angry. Taking advantage of not having the shackles on, I spun out of the guards' grips and grabbed her by the throat, slamming her against the wall. The fear that welled in her eyes was satisfying, but unfortunately I didn't get to relish in it long before a guard yanked me back and the shackles were on.

       I heard her gasp from my release, looking back to see she was rubbing her throat. She brushed her hands down her outfit before her heels clicked against the tile, growing closer as a sign she was coming towards me.        

        A guard gripped the back of my hair and jerked my head up, forcing me to look at her and I glared, so much hatred running through my veins. She gripped my chin, her manicured nails pinching the skin. "Let's remember who runs this institution," she spat.

        "Or we could remember that without these shackles, you'd be dead right now."

         I rose an eyebrow as if to challenge her, and she grumbled under her breath before stomping away ahead of us, leading the guards to follow. 

        "You tell her, Harry!"

        I almost laughed hearing Daniel behind us, but instead I was engulfed by my own thoughts once more.

        The last time the warden needed to speak with me, I spoke to Cecilia. And yet, Evelyn had walked down with the guards this time to get me, which must mean something else is going on. I haven't lashed out on anyone... yet, so I could at least check punishment off the list. The rest of the options were vague.

        I kept quiet as we rounded a corner, but instead of going to Evelyn's office, we passed it. Eyebrows pulling together, I glanced back to see the guards still had Daniel as well. Evelyn was still in front, but now I was just blatantly confused.

        Evelyn pushed through double doors, and I was soon standing inside a large, vacant room. There was nothing inside except hardwood floors and a door straight across from the one we entered. The guards pushed me forward and I stumbled before catching my balance, cuffed hands in front of me as I looked around.

        My eyes caught Evelyn and I raised a brow. "Upgrade from my cell?"

        "Not even close."

        "Wishful thinking."

        Evelyn walked to stand in front of me just as Daniel was being shoved by my side. "You see," she said, "my grandmother has me under her thumb. Keeps me alive, so to speak. You stay on her good side, you get to keep breathing. That's the problem with you, Harry."

        I snorted. "Everyone hates me. It's not rare for me to be on someone's bad side. What's your point?"

        "My point," she grumbled, seemingly annoyed I had a cynical remark, "is that she cannot stand you one single bit-"

        "Great to know. Kind of a leverage."        

        Evelyn glared at me. "Stop talking before I'm forced to tape your mouth shut." She huffed, stood straighter. "Anyways, it's quite obvious she'll do anything in her power to make you suffer. Took your oh-so-beloved girl and threw you in a mental institution. But that was only part of her plan. Phase one, if you will."

        I leaned my neck to either side, popping it. "If this is going to end in a cliche way where Rose is forced to kill me, it'd be nice if you'd just get to the point."

        "Fine," she snapped. She spun around and marched over to the door across from us, undoing the lock and slinging it open. "You want Phase Two?" she asked, smirking as she moved out of the way. "Here it is."

        And Rose and Cecilia entered the room.

(sorry for the filler chapter! big things to come... make sure to leave feedback by a vote or comment :D xx)