10: "Goldilocks."

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗

 "𝙶𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚜."

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE, LISTEN up!" Cameron announces from the top of the staircase. "Welcome to Dion's nineteenth birthday extravaganza. Outside I have four ubers waiting to take us to our first destination. We've got four places to go, and at each one we have a different event to play. Each event is worth ten points. The team with the most points will win the grand prize, which will be revealed once the night is over with. Sound good?"

Everyone erupts into clapping and cheers as I pass Cameron on the staircase and join the rest of the group. There's around twenty of us in total. Some people I've met in passing at parties, and some people I've never seen before. Leila ended up coming tonight, and before I even reach the bottom of the staircase she's glued to my side like a lost puppy. "Hey." She grins. "Miss me?"

She's wearing a hot pink mini dress, and a part of me can't help but remember the way Elena looked so much better in the red one she wore the first night I met her. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"How was France?" I ask her.

"It was alright. I missed a lot of people back home though. Especially you." She runs her fingertips down my arm and arches her perfectly plucked brow up. Lelia and I were friends with benefits the first semester she stayed here. We weren't ever a thing, but everyone on campus thought we were since she's one of the only girls I've slept with more than once. I couldn't turn her away though. She's hot, she gives amazing head and she's flexible. What's there not to like?

I would never say I missed her too, so instead I just nod my head and let her keep touching my arm. When she gets to my wrist though I pull away and focus my attention on Cameron again.

"Before we leave everyone has to take a shot. They're in the kitchen on the counter. Oh, and did I mention your partner has to be of the opposite sex? That's going to make things interesting."

More laughter erupts in the hallway as they all make their way into the kitchen. Leila gives my arm a squeeze and follows quickly behind them as I linger back to let them all have their shot.

Every single time I see Elena I feel like I get all nervous. I think it's because she knows my secret. She knows just how vulnerable I am and can see right through me. She's leaning against the wall as she stares at me, one foot propped up.

We're the only two people in the hallway since everyone else is taking shots, and as the echoes of laughter follow into the room I can't help but clear my throat. I hate silence.

She's wearing a pair of high waisted skinny jeans with a budweiser t-shirt, a black satchel across her shoulder with a pair of vans on her feet. She looks really good, and I don't think I've said that about a girl just wearing a simple t-shirt before.

"This party should be loads of fun." She exclaims sarcastically, her eyes filled with humor. "I can't wait to be around drunk Amelia all night."

"You and I both." I mock. The way she's twirling her fingers around that long ponytail of hers is oddly distracting. I find myself staring too long before she clears her throat. We must both hate silence.

"Looks like you'll be having fun with goldilocks, so your night shouldn't be as bad as mine."

"Goldilocks?" I question but then quickly remember Leila. I can't help but laugh. "Leila? What, are you jealous or something?"

The normally witty Elena has nothing to say. Her eyes dart down towards the floor before they meet mine. "No." She giggles, but then bites the inside of her cheek. "Why would I be jealous of somebody who's with a grade A asshole?"