Chapter 184: Parting Gift

The three moves looked as dangerous as a tightrope over an abyss. Each of Long Heng’s moves seemed to land the two in perilous waters, but in the end, Luo Yunzheng met with defeat. He coughed three mouthfuls of blood as his internal injuries roiled.

“No! Yunzheng! Yunzheng…” Miss Lin immediately ran towards him. With a force that would normally run someone over, she crashed into Luo Yunzheng’s arms, causing the poor injured man to stagger on his feet. But he didn’t grow angry. Instead, he hugged her tight and looked at Long Heng, “Are we allowed to leave now?”

“You may.” Long Heng hadn’t actually sustained any heavy injuries. But in order to create that illusion, he held his hand over his chest and didn’t move an inch. He was focusing on constricting his blood qi to turn his complexion pale.

He was able to fool the masses, but not Bai Xiangxiu. She now understood that everything had been orchestrated by Long Heng in order to end his arrangement with Lin Qianzi in front of the public. But why hadn’t he told me anything the entire time? I’ve been giving him the cold shoulder all this time! Now that Long Heng was injured, she nearly tripped over herself running to his side in concern. “Are you alright?”

“Servants! Throw them out!” The old madame got on her feet and gestured towards the intruders in a dignified manner. However, she was looking a little pale due to her anger. How dare a sullied woman try to marry into my household? She even tried to do so while carrying a child! Is she trying to make my son raise her bastard for her?! The more she thought about it, the angrier she became. Even if she had to defy the emperor himself, she would never let that happen!

Luo Yunzheng had every intention of leaving. He wiped the blood from a corner of his mouth and stood up with a laugh. “I will definitely take my leave. But before that, I have a gift to present to you.”

What gift could a person possibly present when he’s being thrown out? Just as everyone was wondering what kind of gift he had, one of Luo Yunzheng’s men suddenly leaped up out of nowhere and flung open his coat. Thousands upon thousands of needles shot out from his body. His target? Bai Xiangxiu!

Long Heng was taken by surprise. He immediately folded Bai Xiangxiu into his arms and used his internal force to deflect the needles. However, there were too many of them and he couldn’t block all of them. A couple of them slipped past his defense and caused him minor injuries.

Another two figures also shot over to his side. One of them used a sword to deflect the many silver needles, while the other simply deflected them by brandishing his sleeves.

Even though the three of them were deflecting the needles from her, a few of the needles still managed to strike Bai Xiangxiu. After feeling some tingling sensations on her body, Bai Xiangxiu fainted dead away in Long Heng’s arms.

 After feeling some tingling sensations on her body, Bai Xiangxiu fainted dead away in Long Heng’s arms

Long Heng panicked and immediately shot towards the rear court with her in his arms. “Servants! Call for the doctor!”

After that, he immediately brought Bai Xiangxiu to a private room in the rear court. He freed her from her outer garments and quickly noticed a needle in her left shoulder, right thigh and her back. And because she had no internal force to protect herself, the needles had bored themselves deep into her body. There would be dire consequences if the needles weren’t extracted in time. He immediately brought his internal force to bear in drawing out the needles from her body without another thought.