Chapter 136: Clearing Her Name

Bai Xiangxiu had almost begun to believe that no one in this world would recognize her as the striking beauty that was the female supporting character. After all, even Song Jiaoyue and the female lead had ignored her. In the end, the one to recognize her was the male lead, the one whom she’d feared and actively avoided. Wasn’t this the pinnacle of irony?

However, what touched her the most was the sense of relief that came after a life and death experience. One often did things that they normally wouldn’t when they were relaxed. For example, Bai Xiangxiu no longer cared whether or not Long Heng would hate the smell coming from her or whether he would enjoy hugging her or not. She willfully believed that since he had recognized her, it was only right for her to cuddle up to him a bit while she was in his arms. She was a girl after all, a woman. And so, Bai Xiangxiu reached out and grabbed onto the hem of Long Heng’s robe with her dirty hands and sobbed without a care for her image.

Long Heng was actually very worried when he first saw her, but when he saw how she was crying, he knew for sure that she was fine. Except, wasn’t there going to be a hostage exchange? Why was she here alone?

He didn’t have time to ask her these questions because the woman’s sobbing was completely out of control. He couldn’t even find a chance to speak. He quietly sighed to himself and allowed her to cry her eyes out. It was extremely fortunate that he was so quick with his feet. Otherwise, Bai Xiangxiu would’ve lost both her legs. The only issue now was that his subordinate was now out cold on the floor and seemed to have sustained heavy injuries. A quick wave of his hand, and someone came to carry his subordinate away.

Song Jiaoyue had also recognized Bai Xiangxiu at this point. She was the person that he’d met in the snow roads, but he’d failed to realize who she was. He was able to piece things together now from the situation and since he’d finally taken a closer look at her. It was the weak and delicate Bai Xiangxiu!

They’d met yesterday, but he’d left her behind in the freezing and snow-covered environment. His heart spasmed painfully when he realized this and regret began to creep over him. Looking at them hug each other, the uncomfortable feeling in his heart grew stronger and stronger.

Song Jiaoyue finally understood why. His feelings towards her were becoming harder and harder to suppress. Right now, the barrier in his heart was barely paper thin. If someone were to pierce a hole in it… It was at this moment that a voice called out, “Since the person is now in your hands, hand over the minister’s daughter!”

When Luo Yunzheng returned to the wooden cottage, tall flames had already engulfed it. He’d thought that she’d committed suicide because of her disfigurement. It never even once crossed his mind that she’d managed to escape. However, even if she did escape, how had she manage to find her way here? Did that person or I ever mention where we would be taking her? And I can’t believe that the reputed Long Heng can bear to embrace her when she looks as hideous as that! He’s even using both his hands to hug her waist! He’s certainly quite impressive from a certain angle.

Bai Xiangxiu trembled and burrowed deeper into Long Heng’s arms when she heard his voice. In truth, she wasn’t actually afraid of Luo Yunzheng. She just wanted to get revenge on both of them. Although she felt a bit guilty for using the male lead, he at least needed to know what she’d gone through! She was only going to speak the truth and foil their plans that way. That’ll teach them to think she was easy to bully! She’d nearly died, and now she was suffering from that embarrassing aphrodisiac called the Three Days of Inebriation!

Indeed, it was truly embarrassing. When she was done crying, her breathing started to hitch as she continued to hug the male lead. Fortunately for her, the male lead hadn’t cleared his mind yet because matters had yet to come to an end. Otherwise, he would surely notice the scent she was emitting. If things are to develop like the original story… She began to shiver after such a thought.