Chapter 54: Knock Her Out and Carry Her Away

Indeed, Miss Lin had been raised carefully in a sheltered environment, so even if she was aware of the scheming that was par for the course in the rear courts, Madame Lin kept her tightly shielded from the actual scene. Hence, she didn’t realize that sneaking out to play for a few days would cause such widespread, ugly rumours.

What eloping with someone? She’d already tried her very best to protect her chastity! No matter how much Luo Yunzheng had demanded it of her, she’d refused to agree and even threatened him with her own life to dismiss the ulterior motives he possessed.

Although she’d been constantly being groped for the past couple of days, they’d always stopped short of that final step. If my reputation is really tainted this way, I might as well die instead.

Just when she had forsaken hope, the man on top of her suddenly rose up alertly to check the surroundings. He chuckled, “I didn’t expect that he’d dare to come alone.”

He flicked his finger and sent something flying into the ceiling.

Before Miss Lin even grasped what had happened, the item punched through the ceiling, followed by a tall handsome man who had leaped down from the rafters. He had barely landed on the ground before launching himself at the two on the bed. Miss Lin was so frightened that she immediately pulled her clothes tightly around herself and attempted to hide. However, the bed was only so big, so where could she go? She could only cower in one of the corners while watching the two men duel. Who would’ve thought that the person who’d come in fact Prince Li himself!

She was very flustered at the moment. She’d never imagined that the prince would personally come and save her.

Yet, as he stood there, hints of a cold supercilious smile played about Long Heng’s lips. The contempt and disgust that was evident in his eyes didn’t sit well with Luo Yunzheng’s pride. He spoke coldly, “I didn’t expect Prince Li to come personally, but this woman now belongs to me. Trying to take her back will be entirely up to your skills. But if you think it’s going to be that easy, then I’ll have to remind you that this isn’t your princely estate, but my territory.”

However, Long Heng didn’t hesitate in the slightest. He’d spent years walking the line of life and death on the battlefield, how could he hesitate due to someone from the jianghu? He reached for a short blade. “And what of it? I will certainly take her away today, and if you’re man enough, try and stop me.”

Luo Yunzheng was no stranger to the rascally nature that came from being part of the jianghu. He wasn’t affected by Long Heng’s threats and fired back, “You might be able to take her body back, but her heart remains here. Ahahaha, the only reason she snuck out was to escape her marriage to you. Don’t tell me you don’t know about that!”

Long Heng was extremely irritated by the blow to his pride. However, his face remained impassive as he said, “Enough with the nonsense,”. He hadn’t even finished his sentence before striking out.

Curled up on the bed, Miss Lin overheard Luo Yunzheng’s comment about herself and felt utter disgust. Her chastity was absolutely intact, and when had she fallen for this jianghu ruffian? She would never be moved… yet… She didn’t want him to get hurt. Prince Li was widely renowned to be ruthless. She’d heard many stories about his rampages and massacres; the story of how he bathed a city in blood was enough to make one tremble with fear.

Now that Prince Li had his eyes on Luo Yunzheng, the latter was doomed to an unfortunate fate. The battle between the two had already reached a frenzied degree, and Luo Yunzheng’s arm had already sustained injury. Miss Lin screamed upon seeing the blood and cried, “Please stop fighting, don’t fight anymore … “