Chapter 43

After going through the snack street and gorging out, Ye Zhou was finally perfectly content and returned back to the dorm with Shang Jin.

Ye Zhou was the first to go into the bathroom to shower. Washing away the savory smell of barbeque, he opened the door feeling refreshed.

Shang Jin was sitting in front of his computer playing games.

Ye Zhou walked next to Shang Jin and shook his head. A lot of water droplets on his hair splashed on Shang Jin's body and on the computer screen.

Shang Jin wiped the water droplets from the computer with a paper towel and said, "Do you belong to the dog genus?"

Ye Zhou sat in his swivel chair and slid over to Shang Jin. "You seem to be very happy today."

"Am I?" Shang Jin carelessly replied, "I'm like this everyday."

Ye Zhou propped his chin and observed Shang Jin's expression. It seemed like there was nothing different from the ordinary, but he could feel that Shang Jin's whole body had exuded a relaxed atmosphere all night. Ye Zhou couldn't say the reason why, so he retreated back a few steps and returned back to his seat.

Shang Jin glanced at his back from his peripheral vision, quirking up the corner of mouth.

Ye Zhou was really sharp enough: he was indeed a bit more spirited than usual today, especially at night when Ye Zhou asked him seriously whether Xie Shuhan had invited him to a banquet to murder guests. At that time, he'd looked at Ye Zhou's little expression and felt he was a little cute.

Unexpectedly, the word 'cute' would actually appear on a boy, and there was no sense of discordance.

The appearance of Xie Shuhan suddenly made him realize that there were many people and many matters in the world that weren't under his control. He'd thought that Ye Zhou and him would spend the remaining two years together as before, but reality gave him a lesson.

Ye Zhou once said that what he wanted, he'd depend on himself to fight for it. No matter the difficulties, for the results to be successful, he need to try it first before speaking.

Shang Jin turned to the window sill and looked at the two strawberry seedlings placed together. After more than a month of growth, the growing leaves swayed in the evening wind.

The arrival of the midterms made the students at school quite well-behaved, and Xie Shuhan didn't come to provoke Ye Zhou again.

There was still a steady stream of people visiting the Shang Ye number in front of the dorm. Shang Jin and Ye Zhou didn't drive this car during this exam period for the sake of everyone's "convenience", lest someone came to worship the Shang Ye number but wasn't able to find it.

After the midterms, Xie Shuhan ran to the 405 dorm again.

Liu Yutian and Wen Renxu were very adaptable to the circumstances and left. Shang Jin pretended not to see or hear anything and had no qualms sitting in front of the computer to browse the web.

Ye Zhou asked guardedly, "What's going on?"

Xie Shuhan solemnly said, "Senior Ye Zhou, I'm sorry!"

Ye Zhou wasn't clear why.

"I'm really ashamed of myself now. I clearly said that I liked you. When I was faced with the exam, I was still shaken..." Xie Shuhan carried a bag of lemons. "This time's tests, I estimate that I've flunked them all, and even worse than before... My friend said that if I continue to nag you, it may get worse and worse in the next few years. Later, it's hard to say whether I can graduate or not..."