Chapter 62

Ye Zhou sat on the bed with his legs crossed and looked at the computer while absentmindedly recording in the small notebook.

He saw that it was already lunch time, but Shang Jin hadn't called yet. The words he'd said before leaving were unclear. Although Ye Zhou had a vague suspicion in his heart, he didn't dare to think further in that respect. He took out his cell phone and his finger hesitated over Shang Jin's number several times, both afraid that he'd disturb the other if he called him now and also unable to stay calm because he didn't heard any news from him.

Ye Zhou sighed and decided that if he hadn't heard from Shang Jin in half an hour, he'd call.

Fortunately, a quarter of an hour later, Ye Zhou heard a knock on the door.

"Ye Zhou?"

Ye Zhou jumped out of bed and didn't even took the time to wear his shoes. He couldn't wait to open the door and seeing Shang Jin intact in front of him, he said in relief, "You're back."

Shang Jin placed the bag in his hand on the table and said, "I just bought food on my way back."

Ye Zhou didn't care if there was food or not. If he was unable to understand the situation, where would he have the appetite to eat? "Why did you go home?"

Shang Jin took out the lunch box from the bag, broke apart the disposable chopsticks and lightly said, "Our matter was known by my dad, so I might as well share it with him. Eat quickly, it'd be cold soon."

After hearing this, Ye Zhou had even less appetite. He said in disbelief, "You...you...you just said it?"

"Anyways, whether I say it early or late, I still need to say it."

"You...you..." Ye Zhou "you" for half a day but couldn't complete the sentence. He sat on the bed dejectedly, but no matter what was said, his heart couldn't calm down. Stifled for a long while, he spat out, "You're really too impulsive."

Shang Jin didn't seem to take it seriously at all. He pulled Ye Zhou over, put the lunch box into his hand and said, "Seeing you like this, you probably didn't eat this morning, right? Eat a little something first, then talk."

Ye Zhou simply wanted to admit defeat to Shang Jin. Coming out was such a big event, but only Shang Jin could be so calm, even reminding him to eat. He managed a mouthful of rice and asked, "And then?"

"What 'and then'?" Shang Jin held the vegetable with his chopsticks and said, "Am I not here now?"

Ye Zhou asked tentatively,  "Were you driven out?"

Shang Jin shrugged his shoulders and declined to comment.

Since matters had already come to this, it was useless for Ye Zhou to say more. Thinking about it, which normal family could possibly accept this? It was good that it didn't come to knives and guns. His thoughts came to his parents and Ye Zhou said, "I should come out with you."

Shang Jin choked on his food and after easing it, he said, "Don't be impulsive."

Ye Zhou sneered and enigmatically said, "Oh, you also know that casually coming out is impulsive?"

"You and me are different." Ye Zhou's family was very strict. Even when Ye Zhou got second in the exams, they'd already given him so much pressure, not to mention that Ye Zhou wanted to be together with a man. At that time, being driven out would be light. It was possible that they'd shut him in or force him to see a doctor; that would be difficult to deal with. "My family...even if they know, there's nothing they could do to me. You should wait two more years. It was an accident for me this time."