Chapter 6-Courage doesn't always Roar

He hugged me for about 2 minutes straight with me crying in his arms. When I let go both of the men were still pointing weapons at me. 

"Who the hell are you?" The one with the Python asked me.

"My daughter. You can drop the weapons." Dad said, with a slight smile.

"I'm Taylor." I shook hands with the leader who I found out to be Rick and nodded at the guy with a crossbow, who's name is Daryl. I remember Sophia mentioning a Daryl. This couldn't be the same one right? 

I decided not to bring Soph up and run over to Michonne.

"Hey!" I said. I looked at her stitched up wound. "What the hell happened to you, why did you leave the house?"

"I went on a run and when I came back Soph and Andrea were gone. I think Woodbury took them too.."

"We need to go get them back."

Then, I realized so many different things. Hershel doesn't have a leg, where's Beth, Maggie and Kas. Who was taken. 

"DAD! Where's your leg??" Turns out he lost it to a walker a few weeks back. I almost lost my dad without realizing. I wanted to cry again but I forced myself not too. 

"Where's the girls? My baby?" He smiled. 

"Beth is in her cell, cell 18 and Kas should be with Carl in the kitchen. She missed you so much. She's been crying herself to sleep pretty much every night since she lost you, she thought you were dead." He paused, briefly. "We all did." He looked down, filled with guilt.

"Hey Dad, you had every right too, you all do. I never should have went on that run. I never should have left." I frowned remembering that horrible day.

*Flashback

I just left the farm that kept my family, my world safe. I was in my jeep with about two days worth of supplies, just in case I'm gone for that long. The only other person that came with me was Shawn, my only brother, my adopted brother but still. My family.

We were driving down the road to wherever we could find something, anything useful. After about 4 hours, we finally came across a place that neither of us have been to before and slowly walked inside after knocking at the window. There was trash everywhere and only a few cans of food. I grabbed what little supplies there was in the small corner store while Shawn went to the other side of the store. I nodded at him and knocked on the back closet. I heard the growls of around a dozen, maybe more, walkers. It was hard to tell. I pushed against the door with all my might to keep the walkers in. 

"Shawn!" I called him over.

He ran over to help me hold the door. 

"Get that rod!" He yelled 

I ran over and grabbed the thick, metal rod. A walker that no one saw or knew was there crawled up behind me and grabbed my ankle. I screamed loudly, aggravating the walkers in the closet even more. Shawn struggled to hold the door closed while I kicked the walker that was holding me bfore stabbing it in the head with the rob. I turned around but I was too late.

The door had opened, the back counter flooding with walkers. More then I thought. 

"RUN! I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!" He screamed as he was trying to get away from all the walkers. I ran to the doors when I heard his ear piercing screams. I turned around to see the walkers piling up on him and him trying to defend himself. 

"SHAWN!" I tried to run back to where he was. I was too late, I watched as the walker bit into his upper thigh. He screamed in pain and looked at me. I could see the pain in his eyes as he spoke.