Here Goes

A/N: Hi! Sorry I haven't updated. Holidays and all, they take up your schedule.

Elphaba's POV

"So I was talking to your.. 'clone' the entire time?" I ask, after Fiyero finishes his explanation of what exactly is happening.

"Besides the running away part.. Yes."

"Well, he's quite charming. Or.. He was. He's annoying, now."

Fiyero chuckles. "But you have me now, don't you?"

I laugh. "I suppose. But not for long, as you said."

"Yes. I don't know when the whole 'switch' thing is going to end, but I'm trying to keep concentration as much as possible. Now come on, we've got to put the plan into motion."

"Right."

"Do you remember what to do?"

"Yes. What's the spell, again?"

"Just repeat 'numia akela muto muto numia numia akela' a few times."

"Okay." I repeat the spell in my head a few times, to make sure I don't forget it.

Numia akela muto muto numia numia akela...

"I'm going to get into position. I suggest you do the same."

"Got it. Good luck."

"As to you."

He runs off to the forest, slipping through the tall bushes. By now, it's gotten pretty dark. The sun is soon to set.

I go on towards Madame Morrible's office, making sure to crouch when going down the stairs.

The door to her office is closed, and I spot the huge metal door of the holding room.

"Galinda," I murmur.

I use all of my might not to open the door as I slide the tiny (but powerful) ball under the door. I then creep into the room I was sent to when I first got here.

As I close the door, I pull out the small looking glass Fiyero had given to me.

"Aluvio connus wendar wendar, aluvio connus wendar wendar.." I chant.

The looking glass shines for a moment, then shows Fiyero.

"Ah, Miss Elphaba. To what do I owe the pleasure?" He jokes.

"Oh, hush up. Do you have it in place?"

"Yes. Do you have it in place?"

"Yes."

"Then we're ready. I'll just tie myself up, and then switch. Here goes!" He exclaims.

"Here goes," I mumble.

I wait as he ties himself to a tree, using a curling spell on the rope.

It makes me think of Galinda, with her curled hair spell.

I hope she's doing okay. I know she's still in there, probably humming to herself and waiting for Fiyero to get back.

"All done! Now, all I have to do is switch back, and you have to wait for cloned me to call for help."

"Then I'll speak through the looking glass to scare him, and he'll signal for Morrible."

"And then it'll all fall into place. You remember where to stand behind the tarp, don't you?"

"How could I forget?"

He grins. "Of course. I'll see you in a bit, Elphie."

"Farewell, Yero."

"Don't look so solemn. It'll be fine. Bye!"

He closes his eyes, and is completely still for a few seconds.

When he opens his eyes, Fiyero's gone, and his clone has stepped in.

"What in Oz- why am I- What's going on?! Hello? Is anybody there? Help!"

"Fiyero!" I say in my best 'powerful' voice.

The clone looks around in fear. "Who are you? Where are you?"

"It is I, the great and powerful!"

"Wait, are you.. The Wizard?!"

"Yes, you idiotic being! Where is your superior? And where is the green girl?"

"I- she- the girl ran off, and.. Madame Morrible is in her office, o great and powerful Wizard!"

I try extremely hard to hold back my laughter. I mean, he sounds like a complete idiot out there!

"Listen, go signal your superior! You are capable of that, aren't you?!"

"Yessir!"

"Do it! And let her know that the green girl is on the loose!"

"Yessir!"

He chants a spell, and I can hear Morrible's footsteps as she marched up the stairs to tend to the clone.

As soon as I hear her take the last step, I gulp.

Here goes.

A/N: sorry I haven't updated in a while! Happy New Year, though. ◡̈