Pink Everywhere

A/N: hii!!! So sorry for not updating. I'm having some Canadians stay at my place :P and I had to finish my jadina fic. And I'm sad it ended. But this is about the gelphie fic, not the jadina one!! So here you go :)

Elphaba's POV

"Elphaba!"

I spun around.

"Oh, hello Fiyero. What do you need?"

"Nothing. But wow, your hair.." He blinks in awe.

I grab at it, rearranging parts. "What? Is it messy? Agh, I wanted it to-"

"No! No, it's.. It's really... nice."

"Nice?"

His face turns red. I smirk. How odd, an embarrassed Fiyero. Don't see that very often. Or, at all, really.

I glance a a nearby clock.

"Listen, I've got to get back to the dormitory before Galinda, so if you need to tell me something, now would be great."

"Oh! Right. Well, I was wondering if you.. read it."

"Read what?"

He eyes the passing students, as if we're discussing secret plans to kill someone.

"The.. Thing."

"..?"

"I can't say it here, Elphaba. There are too many people around. Do you even know what I'm talking about?"

"Not quite." What was he talking about? Did he send me something? Was there an article going around school that I should see?

He frowns. "So Galinda.. She didn't..? You never..?"

"Honestly, Fiyero, I don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about. But I have to be on my way." I push past him, rushing to get back to the room.

"But I.." He doesn't continue his sentence as I wave farewell.

--

I get back to the room with seconds to spare. I frantically open up a book, sit cross-legged on the bed, and fling my coat to the ground, along with my bag.

Just as it hits the wooden floor, she enters. I don't look up, but I can tell that her cheeks are pink, as are her lips. Her sparkly dress is different shades of pink. Her golden hair is held back with a single clip. Which is a flower.

A pink flower.

"You seem to really love the color pink," I mumble, pretending to read my book. I notice her grin at me from the corner of my eye.

"And you seem to really love the color green."

"You mean I am the color green. How could green be ones favorite color when that one is green?"

She giggles. I lift the book higher, to hide my grin.

"You know what I don't seem to understand?" She asks, probably attempting to change the subject.

"Hm?" Oh, I'll let her.

"You're always back before I am, even though your class is farther away from the dorm than mine."

"Ah, yes. Well, you have people to mingle with before coming back. I don't."

"Not only that, but you rush to get here."

I feel my body tense. She knows.

"How did you..?"

"I may not be as bright as you, but I'm most definitely not blind. I've seen you run to get here... But why does it matter so much to get back before me?"

"Oh, I don't know." So I would have more time to spend with you.

I don't know why I loved having a lot of time with her. I suppose Galinda's company was always nice. And it was quite a pleasure to have some... Alone time with her.

Why was it so enjoyable, though? After all, we were only friends. Yes, yes, she is lovely, but we all know that already.

"Why, do you not like it when I'm already here? Would you rather have time for yourself?" I look up at her for the first time, and immediately my breath is drawn out of me.

I realized that she looked wonderful, but I didn't realize how wonderful she looked.

Her hair is like a cute, curly, little... waterfall. It seems as if each strand was perfectly placed, and they stayed there. The flower in her hair is the exact same color as her dress, which hugs her perfectly. And it's fun and short, becau-

Ack! What are you doing?!

Good grief, talking about Galinda like some sort of gown designer. I sound just like the girls she hangs around.

"Of course not! I love it when you're here!" She exclaims, an immediate look of panic on her face afterwards.

I laugh nervously. "How.. sweet of you."

Her cheeks flush as she smiles slightly.

"I love it when you're here too, if it's of any meaning to you."

"Of course it is, Elphie!"

"Well... I'm glad." That's when I notice I've been grinning for a while. I bury my nose back into my book, to tread through the awkward silence.

She hops over to her bed, throwing her coat onto her dresser. As soon as she sits down, she squeals and jumps up.

"It's still wet!" She complains.

I frown. "It's should be dry by now..."

Actually, that's a lie. I poured water all over it this morning. I think I... enjoyed her sleeping next to me.

Wait.

I enjoyed her sleeping next to me.

I actually liked it when Galinda, the snobby, pink, popular blonde slept in my bed.

I shiver. What in Oz is going on inside my brain? Because whatever it is, it's making me get quite.. Crazy.

And I think I may be starting to like it.

Even though I probably shouldn't.

--

A/N: holy shit I'm really late. So sorry. Blame it on the Canadians.