A Whitebeard Encounter

Start from the beginning

Ace and Sabo smiled brightly as they watched the younger laugh for the first time in what seemed to be months. Today was a good day for Luffy, and they sincerely hoped this was a good sign he was getting better.

Noon came quickly as the ocean breeze blew over the ship and the sun hovered brightly above them in the blue hued sky.

Ace and Sabo's stomachs growled hungrily as the clock came to twelve and the lunch bell was finally rung.

"I'm starving," Ace complained as he stood up on the whale head of the Moby, "What'd you guys wanna do for food?"

"Not sure, you hungry Lu?" Sabo asked while turning to Luffy.

Luffy's straw hat rustled gently atop his head in the gentle breeze, his black hair blowing like waves in the ocean and his eyes continued to be fixed on that watery mass as he shrugged his shoulders in reply to Sabo.

Though Luffy was having a good day, he did seem more daydreamy than normal, but the brothers let it slide, not wanting to ruin it or deter any sort of progress.

From up above and beyond the boys, Marco was contemplating something. He had been thinking about it since this morning, and seeing as Luffy still seemed alright, he was taking the option into more serious consideration.

He tilted his head in either direction as if to physically weigh the idea, before sighing and just going with it.

He jumped off the upper deck and landed on the small deck space just behind the figurehead of the ship with expertise.

The soft thump that came from behind the boys made the older two visibly tense and the younger jolt, turning with eyes wide as saucers. In another minute, all three simultaneously sighed in relief and relaxed, Ace and Sabo glaring daggers while Luffy just took a deep breath as Sabo had taught him to do when he felt overwhelmed.

"Er.... Sorry, yoi. Probably should've warned you first," Marco said sheepishly, running the back of his neck.

Ace snorted, "Ya think?"

Sabo rolled his eyes at Ace with the clock of the tongue before stressing the elder pirate with curiosity.

"What up, Marco? We were just talking about Lunch."

Marco smirked. "We're ya now? And what about it?"

"Well," Sabo glanced back at Luffy who was now quietly but intently watching the conversation. Almost like he wanted to talk but felt unable to intervene...

"Well," Sabo continued after the short pause, " Luffy says he's not sure, and me and Ace are really hungry, but we're also worried about, well you know."

Sabo's face twisted into one of a light disapproval and concern, and Marco nodded gravely in understanding. They were all worried about meeting up with Teach again. They effectively the first time, but for his long would that luck hold out.

Luffy was acting closer to normal for the first time in, well, forever as far as Marco was concerned. They didn't want to mess up whatever revelation the boy had managed.

Of course, unbeknownst to everyone around him, Luffy was having a "Good day" for quite a different reason. The extra voice in his head had decided to give him a break from the constant berating, giving him a chance to finally think for himself, the way he really felt about it all.

Sure, he really didn't remember a few things from long ago. And he really was a little afraid of what would happen if he stepped out of line with these people he still hasn't gotten a chance to know too well. And of course he was a little insecure, and fire and not metal was still on the list of things he would stay FAR away from (the mark on his back burner just thinking about it). But Luffy knew how to protect himself pretty well. Teach wasn't that scary. He was a little scary, but nothing compared to the giant tiger. (How could he forget that!?)

Soliloquy of the Broken SoulOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara