No Better Time Than Today

"I WON'T GIVE UP, I WILL SURVIVE. I'M A WARRIOR. AND I'M STRONGER THAT'S WHY I AM ALIVE"

Jessica's P.O.V;

"Henry, do you want to go and get something to eat?" Ms L asks, wanting to get Henry out of the room. "No, I want to be here" Henry stays by Olivia's side, squeezing her hand. "Henry-" she tries to explain how delicate this situation is.

"I want to be here when she wakes up mum!" He exclaims. 

That's the thing. 

She might not wake up.

I am not even strong enough to be in this room, let alone a 14-year-old boy. 

This will break him, especially so soon after his father.

"Are you ready?" Dr Rhodes asks Ms L, standing next to the bypass machine. Ms L looks around the room, almost telling us that if we can't handle this then we should get out of here. Ryan, Severide and I stay still in our spaces, not going anywhere.

"I guess so" Ms L nods.

Dr Rhodes nods as he and the nurses disconnect Olivia from the machine and I hold my breath. 

Once he turns the bypass machine off, all we can hear is the beeping from the machine regulating her heartbeat. It continues to beep loudly, warning us that her heartbeat is dropping dramatically and we should do something. 

"When should her heart start to beat again?!" Ms L exclaims as Liv's heartbeat keeps dropping, "she's dying! Put her back on the machine!" Ryan yells as I shut my eyes, not wanting to see her pass. 

I can't see her take her last breath. 

"Not yet" Dr Rhodes calmly replies but the beeping continues, getting louder and more frequent. 

"Please doctor, don't let her die!" Ms L cries, "just put her back on the machine!" She pleads. "Mom, what's happening?" Henry questions, "why isn't she waking up!" His voice cracks, breaking my heart even more. 

"Not yet" Dr Rhodes keeps his calm.

"Connor come on!" Severide pleads, "she'll flat-line!" He warns. 

"Not yet!" Dr Rhodes repeats. 

Suddenly the beeping changes.

"Oh thank God!" Ms L cheers and I open my eyes, looking at the machine to see the heartbeat going up. The number keeps increasing until the beeping stops and Dr Rhodes lets out a sigh of relief, happy that her heart had started beating again.

Her heartbeat stops increasing and stays at the same number, bouncing up and down here and there. 

"She's stable" Dr Rhodes assures us, "her heartbeat is strong" he adds. 

"Her heart started beating again!" Henry cheers, running into his mother's arm, "it did sweetheart" Ms L kisses the top of his head, relief all over her face. 

"We still need to keep an eye on her but this is very promising" Dr Rhodes ensures us, "she should wake up in a few hours" he adds. 

"Thank you, doctor," we all say, he sends a smile before walking off. 

"She did it!" I jump into Ryan's arms, "I told you she was a fighter" he holds me. 

We turn back to Olivia, Severide standing where Dr Rhodes once was, holding tightly onto her hand, placing soft and delicate kisses on the back. 

He wipes away a lone tear, his eyes fixated on Olivia. 

He really does care for her. 

"She made it" I go to stand next to him, "she's gonna be okay" I add, "she's gonna be okay" he repeats, happiness all over his face.