I know Lauren partied, enjoyed her single life and dated a few people but nothing long and nothing really serious. My own relationship ended about 6 months ago but had lasted for 3 years. It was a worse break-up than mine and Lauren's. I'm not on speaking terms with Vanessa anymore.

When I feel my eyes water I decide to get up from my couch and walk into the kitchen. Food is always a good way to distract myself and I refuse to let more tears fall over my failed relationship.

I shake my head as thoughts about this reunion show enter my mind again. The way Dinah explained it all it seemed like an amazing show. Each of us would get to perform our own songs and we would mix it with our most popular songs as a group. We would include interaction with the public in the form of a Q&A or something. We could invite some fellow artists to appear as guests for our show.

It all sounds amazing. Everything in my whole body is telling me to go for it. I can feel the excitement in my stomach, the nerves in my chest and the adrenaline is already flowing through me. But there's one tiny voice that's critical of the whole thing. That's afraid of facing Lauren again after not really talking to her the past two years, that's nervous about feelings that might rush back, even though they've never rushed back after our break-up.

But of course, you never know.

I grab my phone and decide to send a text to Dinah before she's going to call again.

To Queen DJ:

Hey DJ, just missed your call, in the middle of a studio session. Call you back later!

I laugh to myself, of course Dinah will never fall for that, she knows me too well to know when I'm ignoring her.

A knock on the front door pulls me out of my thoughts and slight fear of a preaching Dinah Jane. I put my phone down and walk through the big hallway to get to the door. I can't help but notice how happy I am with my new house. Everything is built in my taste and it just reminds me of how happy and grateful I am with all that I have accomplished.

I smile to myself, a little pride never hurt anybody. But when I open the front door my smile drops and my lips open in amazement. My throat dries up a little so I try to swallow while my eyes are pulled automatically to the light green ones in front of me.

''Lauren?'' I ask, a surprised frown appearing on my forehead.

''Hey, you.'' She answers with a smile. ''Been a long time..'' She trails off with a smile, her husky voice catching me off guard and almost makes me shiver.

''Uh.. yeah..'' I stammer out and Lauren smiles at me. I see her raise her eyebrows a little as her eyes check my face. Probably noticing the surprise written all over it.

''Can I uh, can I hug you?'' She asks carefully and I nod immediately. Her smile grows and she steps forward to engulf me in a big hug. I automatically hug her back, my surprise still a little bigger than my excitement.

Her arms wrap around me in a tight embrace and I can feel her face pushing against my neck. She hums softly and I can't help but notice the lovely smell of her hair, still fresh and a little sweet as always. I allow myself to sink into it for a moment, just enjoying her presence again.

By the time Lauren pulls back from our hug I have composed myself a little.

''Come on in!'' I invite her with a smile. Lauren gladly accepts my invitation and follows me into my house to the living room.

''Wow, you've done really well for yourself.'' Lauren compliments my house while she takes a seat on the couch. I see her eyes move to the wall of pictures of different moments in my life. A few from studio sessions but most of them are from shows and touring, both with the group and on my own.