Chapter 18 - Knock A Door, Run.

I seriously hate it when two characters are arguing, I am not a confrontational person, at all. H x 

It was little past midday when Tonks heard a knock on her bedroom door. She felt like a defenseless animal about become its predators dinner, praying that stealth and her ninja-like silence could get her through. She considered the knock. It was an awfully bold knock for Remus, who should be on his knees begging for her forgiveness.  The door rattled, and the visitor knocked again. 

"Fuck off" Tonks shouted at the wood. She sounded like a teenager who's parents had said she wasn't allowed her boyfriend over. How ironic. 

Her ears pricked as the door clicked open, she followed the oscillations of footsteps inside the room. She outright refused to lift her head off of the pillow and look at Remus. "Now that's not a very nice thing to say." A sneering voice said. Its owner plopped himself onto the edge of Tonks's bed. She could smell a familiar sandalwood soap and general dampness surrounding man. 

Sirius. 

Leaping up- from her position as if she had been electrocuted, Tonks growled. Sirius actually produced a white handkerchief which he waved in in-front of Tonks's nose. The closer she looked at it, she could see it was a rather off-white cotton, that had various yellow stains that Tonks didn't want to ask about. 

"I come in peace." He teased. 

"Did He send you?" She scowled. It was her job to interrogate dark wizards and criminals. Sirius would yield easily under her pressures. If he didn't, he clearly had no idea who he was dealing with. 

"No, and for your information, I think he's being an arse." Sirius held his head high as if he hadn't just insulted his best friend of several decades.  

He lent back against Tonks's pillows and pulled her towards his chest by her shoulders, offering her a comforting embrace. Tonks rested her forehead against Sirius's neck and inhaled his scent. "For the record, if you would of chosen me then you wouldn't be in this mess." 

"You're my cousin!" Tonks slapped his chest, just above his nipple, playfully.

He bit his lip. "Second cousin. Technically, that makes it legal." Sirius waggled his eye brows and Tonks let out a snort of laughter. 

There would have been a time where she would have fallen for a man such as Sirius. He was a charmer, a womanizer, a flirt. Every inch of his mind, body and soul was programmed to make women swoon. Had they met under different circumstances, Tonks would have fawned over him. Part of her knew that, when they first met, that he was a prime specimen for a potential suitor. Remus had quickly become the tortoise to Sirius's hare and it was very clear who had won the race.

That is, unless you counted their recent argument. Tonks didn't know what would come of it. In her opinion, if Remus didn't want children then she should waste no time with him and continue to look for another man who would share her joy. She couldn't deny herself the pleasure of Remus's company, though. She didn't want to leave him. Damn her Hufflepuff loyalty. The fact still remained that she wanted children and he didn't. This wasn't any easy situation; He liked salt and vinegar and she liked cheese and onion. This was the rest of their lives.

The age difference made it ever more difficult. While he was experienced and had achieved some of his personal life goals, she had only just started. Not long out of Hogwarts and she was already stepping into her successful Auror carer. Remus didn't have a career or anything else to tie him down. Of course she couldn't blame him for the discrimination of the Wizarding democracy. He had never even considered marriage. Tonks had always wanted her fairy tale ending with the man of her dreams, children and even grandchildren. Remus seemed to be unwilling to share the same vision.