"John B is my friend and..JJ begged to come but I wouldn't let him." Sarah says.

"Why not?" Violet asks.

"Topper and Rafe hate him, remember? Did you hit your head that hard?" Sarah asks.

"Things are er—complicated, I don't even wanna think about that right now." Violet says, clearing things up.

"About JJ or Rafe?" Sarah asks.

"Both." Violet says. 

She wanted to help Rafe with his addiction because she didn't want him to end up like she once did. She felt like she could fix him before he went over the edge. But she liked being around JJ, even if they only ever hung out in her bed at 3 in the morning. He was fun, and he was unpredictable. 

"Hey uhm.. Do you have a hairbrush? My hair looks like a mess." Sarah asks, lying.

"Yeah It's on the counter." Violet says, pointing to it.

HEYWARD'S 

All the pogues were at Heywards hanging out, before Deputy Shoupe came in looking for Pope.

"Hey Pope, there's someone here to see you." Heyward said.

"We have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property, keep your hands on the counter." Deputy Shoupe said.

"Wait, what?" John B asks, confused.

"You can't arrest him." Kiara begs.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say and will be used against you in a court of law.. You have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford an attorney one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?" Deputy says, placing handcuffs on Pope. 

Commotion exploded throughout the shop and everything felt unreal. 

"How much money did they pay you man?" JJ yells, following them outside. He was panicking and he didn't know what to do. He didn't want his friend to go to jail for something he pressured him into doing. Pope still had the scholarship interview he always talked about. He was the only one in the group with a brain anyways.

"What the hell is going on?" Heyward asks, they were about to put Pope in the cop car.

"IT WASN'T HIM!!" JJ yells out, causing everyone's focus to shift onto him.

"It was me. He tried to talk me out of it, but I was mad cause he had been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from Figure 8 that I lost my shit. I can't let you take the blame for something I did. You got too much to lose." JJ falsely confesses. 

He took the blame for Pope, realizing that it would ruin Pope's scholarship if he didn't. JJ didn't have any scholarships lined up for him, he didn't really think he would have much of a future anyways.

"JJ what are you doing?!" Pope asks, knowing he was lying. He felt guilty, knowing JJ was already in trouble for a good amount of things, like firing a gun at the beach, shoplifting and all sorts of other small charges like underage drinking and smoking marijuana. Adding on Felony destruction of property was only gonna make everything worse for him. And by the looks of it, juvie was where he was headed in the future. 

"I'm telling the truth. For once in my goddamn life I'm gonna tell the truth. Took his old man's boat too." JJ confesses. He didn't want Pope's future to go to shit. JJ was already in enough trouble. He didn't think another charge would hurt.

"JJ c'mon." Pope says, knowing it was false.

"Shut up Pope! He's a good kid. You know where I'm from." JJ says, referring to the cut and his dad. Who was well known for things you wouldn't want to be known for. 

"Is this the whole truth?" Deputy Shoupe asks Pope.

"What's going on?" John B asks everyone.

"I swear to god." JJ adds, trying to get the blame on him.

"Damn it I wasn't talking to you, I'm asking Pope." Deputy Shoupe says, not believing JJ. He saw on the security footage it was Pope who was diving in the water. 

"That about covers it." Pope says, lying. He wanted to stay out of jail just as much as he wanted the scholarship, but at what cost?