Chapter 26: "Stupid High School Romance."

Beginne am Anfang

My case, of still not being able to serve or even talk to costumers, other than the subtle 'goodbye' or 'have a nice day'.

"Talia, I can't." I moaned for the fifth time that minute at the older girl, who warned me about the guns last shift. "I can't stand here being useless the 4 hours I'm stuck smelling of burgers in this diner."

She chuckled, giving me her pad and pen, and pushed me towards some costumers that had just come through the door, making the bell ding. 

"Serve them. When, or shall I say if you succeed, I'm sure the other waitresses will let you serve."

I glanced at the two brothers walking side by side, both admiring their knifes in a narcissistic manner.

"I can't do them." I said quickly, basically hiding behind the till so they didn't see me from their booth.

"Why?" She definitely knew who they were, I'm sure everyone did on this side of town. "C'mon, you master the technique of serving hormonal boys, you can do anything."

I breathed in deeply as Curly looked my way, and then looked down at the floor, awkwardly scratching my head. "Just pick me another pair and I won't complain, I swear. I just can't serve them."

"No." She said bluntly, pushing me slightly towards the table.

I held my ground, digging my heels into the tiled floor. "That one," I pointed aggressively at Curly, "Made this cut," I said lifting my left hand, showing her, "That will probably scar, and never leave my memory, and that one," I now pointed at Tim, "Made two lovey circular scars on my ankle." I looked at her pleadingly, but she just ignored me and pushed me strongly towards them so I lost my balance and fell getting caught by two strong arms around my waist.

"You know I came to this diner for a burger, not a clumsy damsel in distress." The voice belonging to the arms spoke and I recognised the rough voice completely. "If I wanted a damsel in distress, I would have picked one of the many girls who flock to me."

I stood up on my own, taking his callused hands off my waist. "I am not a damsel in distress because I didn't need your help." I said sharply, looking into his eye, watching him realising who I was. And then I smiled, unnatural and innocent like and said the star phrase."Can I take your order please?"

Tim had looked up from his menu, the one he probably knew by heart, to see the scene unfold. 

"I'll have a burger and large fries," He said causally, taking no notice of me, except from the fact that Curly was staring.

"You know," The younger hood said slyly, trying to touch the hand that was holding my pen, but I moved it just in time and stepped backwards so I wasn't in reach. "You looked pretty good in a dress." He bit his lip in a seductive manner but I didn't fall for it.

I scoffed and then my face fell into a scowl. "I know, the colour really goes with the redness of the cut you sliced deep into my palm," I held up my hand and waved at him sarcastically. "Order." I said aggressively and then paused changing my tone. "Please."

"You know, ya really need to fix your manners." He smirked winking, telling me after, that he wanted the same as his brother. 

Writing it down in a swift motion, I clicked the top of my pen so the nib went back in and smiled sweetly, but my eyes gave Curly a cool, dark stare.

"I think you're pretty rude, for a waitress." He pouted, is long fringe, flopping causally over his his eyes. "I would gladly teach you the way of becoming more lady--"

"Has it not occurred to you, Curly," I put the notebook into the pouch in front of my stomach and fiddle mindlessly with my pen, "That your opinion mean nothing to me."