And she left, picking up the bags and moving into the room. He just stood there contemplating what had happened. She seemed normal but he knew her beyond pretenses. Something was off and he knew it had almost everything to do with him but damn him if he could do anything about it .

Does she not want him to help her?

''sidharth'' he hear her call for him after a few seconds from the room and he had just begun to take the steps when the next line dropped his heart a hundred feet below the ground.

''door band krke jaiyo please''

And he did not hear her from for the rest of the day or the day after even for that matter.

Just a text in response to his innumerous calls .

Sidharth,
I am fine. Call pick ni Kiya because thak gyi thi samaan unpack krke fir agle din baaz aur Mai baaki ka furniture lene chale gye the.
Neend aa rhi h
Night'

Somehow it pained him that she had gone to purchase the rest of the house hold essentials without him. Not that Sidharth could accompany her. Media and paps were all over. But it just made him feel ... Less needed.
____________________________

It was day 3 of her coping up with her broken heart and astonishingly she was doing great, minus the nights when she sobbed into the pillows. Muffling her cries, hoping her brother wouldn't hear them.

Days were hard too, but bearable. Shoots diverted her mind from him but heart? What could she do to that idiot heart that yearned for him. She was able to avoid him for most of the times. Thankfully, she knew his schedule Courtney of kushal that she had managed eloping him every time she knew he would knock on the door only to find it locked.

They talked, yes, on the call but the talks were reducing. To the extent of her denying his every offer of a meet-up.
____________________________

Shehnaaz entered the building compound when she saw Rita aunty carrying some heavy stuff in her arms, barely managing to hold them together.

She rushed to her, forgetting everything

"Arey aunty. Tussii chhaddo. Lao Mai pakadti hu'' she said, taking some items from his mother.

The woman refused of course, but smiled when the girl wouldn't let her go easily. Shehnaaz took the bags in her arms instead and his mother's soft, slightly pouchy Hands reflexively came up to her head, caressing her hair . Blessing her pure heart.

Both of them smiled at each other and made thier way into Sidharth's flat. Rita aunty opened the door with the key she had, and Shehnaaz followed behind, keeping the bags filled with vegetables and fruits at the kitchen island.

"Shehnaaz , Sidharth andar h use bula leya beta, I'll make tea fir sbb saath me piyenge'' his mother said

And her heart dropped.
Sidharth. How could she forget he was home this time of the day. And how is she supposed to deny Rita aunty who is the only sort of mother figure she has in Bombay.

So shehnaaz went to his room to call him, she could hear him. Heart heart racing fast. She could trace another voice too . Of a female and suddenly she had the urge to run back but she couldn't do that.

She knocked softly, once , twice. And then further opened the ajar door.
Jasmine stood with him. Her arms wrapped loosely around his torso and she felt tears threatening to come out. Choking her. Words leaving her.
Her throat was dry as a desert.

The cracking of door made him look at her . He was happily surprised upon seeing her. But soon realised what condition he had been.

"Shehnaaz" he groaned , separating from Jasmine, who smiled softly at her.

Her face didn't break into a smile on seeing him, which was new to him. Sad but new nonetheless.

"Umm..wo.. Aun..aunty bula rhi thi tujhe'' she said , gulping down the lump that had formed in her and turned away quickly, she was walking first and then borderline running.

Rita Shukla was confused to see her rushing towards the door.

'kaha jaa rhi h? Chai to peeti jaa bachhe' she called .

'kisi aur din aunty, abhi kaam h' shehnaaz said over her shoulder and walked out of his house. Reaching her own home part blinded by tears and locked the damned door once in the safe arms of solitude that her home provided.

She burst into tears with an agonizing fall on the marble floor. Screaming.
But she didn't beat or hurt herself . As much as she wanted to. She had promised someone not to do that.

And the world knows that shehnaaz Kaur Gill is a woman who owns upto her words.

__________________________

You guys are cute, getting worked up and tensed for nothing. She's not going to leave anywhere. I feel she's strong enough to handle friend zone but I can't make her okay with everything overnight. She'll get stronger. Trust me.

VOTE AND COMMENT
💕