ᴇ ʟ ᴇ ᴠ ᴇ ɴ·°

Start from the beginning

"You're my best friend. Nothing and no one can ever change that. Just because you didn't do anything doesn't mean that you're not worthy of being my friend. Things like these don't define us. We're soulmates, remember? Besides, we were all really overwhelmed that day. Like come on, none of us expected them to blow up like that. And honestly, if you weren't here, I don't think I would be the same. It was because you were there that I was able to get past it." Haneul spoke softly.

"You know, at that time I thought you might leave me too. I was scared. But you proved me wrong. You never went away. You were always there. Whenever I needed you. Never once did you judge me for anything. What more could I ask for?" Byeol looked up at Haneul.

Then Haneul laughed a bit. "You even kept those stupid boys away who used to chase after me. One look from you and they'd probably piss their pants." Byeol finally smiled a little at her best friend's words.

"Those fuckers didn't deserve even a single hair strand of yours. And of course, they were afraid of me. I mean, sure I'm little but I can be feisty. I'd throw my stiletto heels at anyone who dares to do anything stupid to you." Byeol said as Haneul cackled at the latter's childish tactics.

"I'll never leave you Byeol. And you'll always be my bestest friend ever. You're not allowed to say otherwise unless I say so, okay?" Haneul said.

Byeol answered by bobbing her head vigorously and embraced Haneul one more time.

Haneul left, shortly after as she was getting late for the train.

-

The door to Wooyoung's office opened and then slammed shut, causing him to jump a little.

"Can you please not do that? How many times have I told you already?" Wooyoung glared at Byeol who seemed to not pay any heed to what the latter said.

"I don't really care. You should've gotten used to these already, " Byeol spoke as she made her way to the comfy couch Wooyoung had at one corner of his office and gave him a tight lipped smile. He only scoffed at her. The couch was beside the window and she liked looking outside while sipping on some drink.

Wooyoung shook his head at her remark and went back to reading some papers.

"Here, I brought coffee," Byeol outstretched her hand to give it to Wooyoung. "Drink."

"Thanks," said Wooyoung. She looked a bit distressed as she consumed the sweet drink and it was not unapparent for him.

He scanned her face, trying to figure out if something was troubling her.

"What's wrong, Byeol? You look out of it," he asked.

Byeol sighed. "It's nothing important."

Wooyoung shook his head as he got up from his chair and sat beside her.

"No, it's definitely something. You don't usually behave like this." He took a sip from his coffee.

"Like what?" Byeol arched her eyebrow at his remark.

"Like this. That small furrow between your eyebrows, " he pointed between her eyes, "says a lot. You finished your coffee in big gulps when usually, you take small sips. You keep on fidgeting with your toes. Also the look on your face, I can definitely tell you're a bit distressed." He let out the breath that he was holding as he finished.