s ᴇ ᴠ ᴇ ɴ·°

...

The sky was already tinted in bright orange and bold purple when San and Haneul bid goodbye for the day. She hadn't spent a day that was this satisfactory in a while. The street was filled with people. But that didn't matter as she hummed her favorite song while listening to it.

Her phone vibrated, informing her that there came a text. It was from San.

Choi San
Hey so I almost forgot. Our school's having a reunion. Are you gonna go?

Reunion. Haneul loathed that. It only meant seeing the faces that had hurt her beyond words. It happens every two years. And she's been avoiding it very keenly for the past few years.

Kim Haneul
I don't know. I'm probably not gonna go if Byeol or my other friends don't.

Choi San
Oh okay. I'm going so do let me know if you go. It's in mid April. I had a great time today btw. Thanks for hanging out with me.

She loved it whenever people texted her saying they enjoyed spending time together. It always made her feel an unusual kind of happy since it meant people liked her company.

Kim Haneul
I had a great time too San. We should do this more often. I like spending time with my friends like this. And yeah, I'll let you know if I go^^

It was weird for Haneul. To be this easy to someone new. No panic attacks, no overwhelming thoughts. It was fresh and she liked it.

-

The next day, Haneul was getting ready for work when suddenly someone rang the doorbell. She wondered who it might've been considering it was 7 in the morning. Much to her surprise, it was none other than Byeol herself, standing at the doorstep. She looked distressed

"Byeol, what are you doing here?" Haneul asked as she let her in. "Aren't you supposed to come back tomorrow?"

"Ugh, don't get me started, " Byeol drank from the glass Haneul was holding and plopped down on the couch. "I terminated the contract with my publishing company. Apparently, the new editor-in-chief doesn't like my 'style', " she emphasised on the word style. "I have a meeting with a new company tomorrow, so I just decided to come back."

"What the hell?" Haneul got annoyed as this never happened before. It was new considering everyone liked Byeol's work a lot.

"So they're not gonna publish Hyacinth? Those stupid jerks. They don't realize who they're letting go. Don't sulk, it's not your fault." She patted Byeol's shoulder and motioned her to eat. "And don't worry about any legal issues. You know I've got your back if it ever comes to that." Haneul winked at her buddy.