One Night Stand? Plot Twist

Jack sits next to the caged man, unbothered by the big guys in fancy suits staring him down. None of them mean him any harm. At least not now.

The man in the cage mumbles something every once in a while, but is otherwise very quiet. He doesn't look much older than Jack, but looks can be deceiving.
This whole situation is weird. Magic isn't very rare. It isn't genetic, but usually three out of five people have some kind of magic. Street magicians have deceit, overnight sensations have charisma.

It's like a DND game, but more OP and with cellphones.

Finally, a car arrives with the money Jack needs to free this man.

The giant assholes in suits move to escort the drugged man, but Jack shoos them away lets the guy lean on his shoulder as they walk out.

Jack doesn't look behind him as he steps into the back of his expensive car.
Rian, his driver, raises an eyebrow.

"One night stand?"
"Just drive."

Rian hits the gas once everyone is buckled in. That's when it finally occurs to Jack to ask his new acquaintances name.

"I's Alex," the guy slurs. "But those guys always jus' called me slave."

Jack's heart breaks for this guy. "Well, Alex, I'm not those guys. Those guys are a bunch of assholes."
Rian snorts from the front seat. "You're just a different kind of asshole, Jack."
The billionaire rolls his eyes, then turns back to Alex with a smile.

"What's the first thing you want to do now that you're free?"
"Free?" Alex laughs. "You're silly. I'm not free. I gotta magic show to do tomorrow."
Jack raises an eyebrow. "That was today. And I just basically freed you. So, what would you like to do?"

Alex thinks for a moment, looking almost constipated as he does so. Drugs will do that to ya. Don't mess with em, kids.

"I wanna see the water."
"The water," Jack repeats, his voice deadpan as he turns to Rian. "Alex here would like to see the water," he says. He turns back to Alex. "Anything specific? The beach? A pool? A fountain?"
Alex tilts his head. "The beach? Is that the one with the big waves?"
Jack shrugs. "Well the closest beach doesn't have the biggest waves, but I guess I know what you mean." He looks back to Rian. "Take us to the beach."
"It's late, and he's drunk. I think I'll take you both home."
"He's high, and Alex literally spent god only knows how long performing magic shows for the mafia. We're going to the goddamn beach, Rian."

Rian sighs, turning on his blinker and merging onto the freeway. "Hurray for the beach."

*****

It takes way too long to get there, but Alex is ecstatic when they finally arrive. In his very incredibly high state, Alex seems to be more like a giant child than an adult man. Jack thinks it's sort of adorable, if not vaguely annoying.

Rian keeps a close eye on the stumbling Alex as they make their way toward the water's edge. Alex splashes away in the waves under the dim light of the stars, laughing. Rian and Jack can't help but smile as they watch, not really caring that Alex's expensive clothes are ruined.

But then it's time to go.

"We can come back tomorrow," Jack groans, trying to pull Alex away from the waters edge. "We need to get you into bed."

Alex is starting to come down from his high, now he's a bit drowsy. "I don't wanna go back inside. I don't ever wanna go back," Alex complains.
"Trust me, I will never let those assholes take you back," Jack mutters, pushing a defiant Alex into the back of the car. "But, you need sleep. Rian, call Zack and have him set up the sky room for Alex."

The sky room, a room with lots of windows and a skylight in the right wing of Jack's mansion. One wall is painted to look like a galaxy, and most of the curtains are drawn to keep the furniture from fading, but they open the curtains for company.

"Why don't you do it?" Rian complains, starting the car.
"I'm a bit busy babysitting a grown man right now," Jack counters.

"Your hair is fluffy," Alex giggles. He yawns. "It's like a skunk but red." Alex's eyes grow wide. "Like an angry skunk."

Jack raises a large eyebrow at Alex, but doesn't ask any questions. Meanwhile, Rian's on the phone with Zack.

It isn't long before Alex passes out in the back seat.

Cute, Jack can't help but think when he looks over at the sleeping man.

*****

At the Barakat Mansion, Jack, Alex and Rian are greeted in the oversized garage by Kayla and Zack.

Kayla, a short woman with a fiery attitude and long, dark hair, stands in front of the garage door with her hands on her hips. Zack, a really buff guy with lots of tattoos and an angular face crosses his arms.

"Where the hell have you been?" Kayla asks. She's Jack's head maid. "Do you know how much money that is? If the government finds out-"
"The government won't find out. Besides, I ended their fucking debt. What do they care?"
Kayla is visibly steaming and she waves an accusing finger at Jack. "Our economy is-"
"Thriving?" Jack tries. "Listen, Kayla. I had to help this guy-"
"Help him?"
"He's like me!"

Zack and Kayla gape at the billionaire as Rian steps out of the drivers seat. "He fucking threw up in my favorite car."

Jack curses and runs to the back seat. He uses his powers to empty the car of vomit, then helps a nauseous Alex out of the backseat.
"I feel funny," Alex complains.

"He's drunk?" Zack gasps.
"Coming down from a high. I don't know what they gave him. Something strong."

Jack places one hand over Alex's forehead and closes his eyes.

Part of Jack's magic allows him to feel what others are feeling. For a second Jack stumbles, suddenly dizzy and sick to his stomach, then he's fine again.

"Kayla, get him some water and pain killers, Zack you take him to the sky room. Rian, get us a reservation for brunch by the beach tomorrow. Outdoor seating with a view."

The other three people nod. Kayla and Rian head off into the house while Zack stays to help Jack take Alex upstairs. They take the elevator because four flights of stairs is too many right now. Or ever, for that matter.

When Alex is asleep—Jack double checked that he was sleeping on his side so he doesn't choke on his own vomit—Jack heads to his own room to get some rest of his own. Not before checking the house for any sketchy mob groups and setting the mansion on lockdown.

Better overly cautious than risk a run in with the mafia at four in the morning.