Drugs Gimme Drugs Gimme Drugs

A mocking cackle rings out in the night, the only proof of life for miles. "You want to sell me your eight year old son?" Asks a gruff voice as a tired woman grips the collar of her son's shirt with bony fingers.

"I need cash," she grumbles. "50,000."
The man laughs again before he kneels down to get a good look at the kid. "Expensive are we?" He says to the crying boy. He turns back to the boys mother. "He got a name?"
"Alexander William Gaskarth."
"Fancy. I'll give you twenty bucks."

The young boy whimpers. His mother smacks him upside the head to quiet him. "50,000," she repeats. "I'd say that's a once in a life time deal."
The man shakes his head and crosses his arms. "Yeah? What, does he bleed gold?"

Alex's mother pushes her son forward. "Go on," she orders. "Show him."

Alexander bites back sobs as he concentrates on a nearby river. Water begins to float around their heads, fish still swimming around in the clear liquid.

The man jumps back at the sight in front of him. "Witch," he mutters, terrified. "He's a witch!"
"That's one of several powers. He can also fly, but the rest will be kept secret 'til I've received my money in cash."

The man nods. "These are rare," says the man. "Finding one being sold into literal slavery.... 50,000 is a lot of money but..." he sighs. "Let me contact my treasurer."

A few calls and an hour later and the deal is done.

The addict gets her money and the little boy is dragged away, kicking and screaming as he cries out for his mother in the night until someone places a sack over his head.

And that's when it all started.