12. Go Back to Work

"Can you just take me to work?" Mia asks Night Watch. "I figure the Malice won't follow your car, so I'm safe, right?"

The hero hesitates. "Sure, but...we don't know for sure. We don't even know what his intentions are."

Mia shrugs. Honestly, she doesn't care what the Malice wants. If she needs to she'll just change where she gets coffee in the morning. Surely whatever happened this morning was a mistake and she can go back to her normal life.

After a moment, Night Watch sighs. "Alright, tell me where to go."

They drive into the parking lot of Mia's work in no time. She gets out, making sure to grab her bag. Night Watch rolls down the window as she closes the car door. "Hey, if you see anything suspicious, don't hesitate to call me." He hands her a card. His hero name and number are displayed in a fancy font. Mia gives him a thanks and leaves the car. She stands in front of the office building, watching as the hero speeds away.

What a crazy morning, she thinks. My co-workers will never believe what just happened.

***

You can't help but yawn as you watch Mia greet her colleagues. You just wanted to listen to what the A.I. told you to do, but now all you're doing is watching a girl sitting at a computer doing a mundane job. You check your phone. Your friend has called you several times already. You answer.

Your phone slips out of your hand as an alarming noise blares out of the computer. "Um...what was that?!"

"Contacting others within this room is strictly prohibited," Grace explains. "All information and events that you have witnessed today can not be shared with others. Do you understand?"

You stand up quickly. Who was this computer to tell you what to do? "I can tell whoever I want, I didn't sign anything."

"I'm growing suspicious that you're not supposed to be here. All substitutes have ensured a vow of silence."

Your heart hammers. I'm growing suspicious...will the computer rat you out? A series of consequences flood through your mind. If you're caught, will you go to jail? Get banned from entering the building ever again? That actually wouldn't be bad, at least you wouldn't have to go on another tour here again.

The risk is too dangerous. You slowly back away and head for the door. You twist the knob, but it doesn't budge.

"How did you...?" You turn towards the computer, goosebumps forming on your arms. You never thought that you'd be afraid of a computer until now. Sure, you know your phone listens to you and stuff, but that doesn't scare you. This, however, is a whole other level of creepy technology.

"I will give you two options," the A.I. says. "I will either call for someone to escort you out of the building or you can sit back down and finish Mia's day the way I instruct you to."

After staring at the screen for a moment, you slowly sit back down. It looks like I don't have much of a choice.

Congratulations! You just got the SAVED ending! Go back to "1. Morning" in order to try again!

Ending: 17/19