Little did she know Ethan did have a hard on for her. Right now in his office. Naturally he blamed it on the situation he'd found himself in a few moments ago. It wasn't his fault, nope. He hadn't had a single, sexual related Emma thought today until he caught her assessing everything but his naughty parts. Arghhh, he shouldn't have said what he did but it was too late now and the girl caught me off guard. He reacted like any normal, red-blooded, instinctual, prideful male would. Somewhere in the back of his mind he swore he heard a tiny voice say, 'Right. Keep telling yourself that'. Yeah, it was gonna be a long day.

oOo oOo oOo

-Thursday, week 6, late afternoon-

Ethan hadn't allowed himself more than one day off during these six weeks and most nights were spent several hours well past his shift. Grayson saw the stress from this starting to take it's toll on his best friend and after a long talk, convinced Ethan to take the entire upcoming weekend off that he was already scheduled for. Ethan didn't want to at first, but finally conceded as long as someone watched his female soldiers and Trent at all times. His one specific order to Grayson... that Emma was never be left alone for any length of time with Trent or he would hold him personally responsible.

Tomorrow, however, he was pulling a double shift because Jackson was now on nights and none of the other Drills he had watching the scum-bag would be working. Trent hadn't tried anything yet but that was because he saw to it that the weasel never had an opportunity. Once Monday rolled around, he could breathe easier because it was his turn to start working nights again where he could watch Trent's every move.

The soldiers were herded outside with their rifles and bayonets for more practice on their invisible enemies in single, hand to hand combat. In an empty parking lot, the soldiers formed in long rows, well away from each other while Ethan stood at the front, barking out which moves he wanted them to perform. Trent had arrived about ten minutes ago and relieved Chuck, who stood to one side of the large formation in order to assist those individuals who were still not performing the moves correctly. Ethan noted, with great irritation, that Emma just happened to be on the outermost end of a row nearest Trent.

Grayson pulled his car alongside the road next to the parking lot and honked his horn. "Ethan!" He waved a hand to him to deliver a message. "You have a phone call back at the barracks, your Branch Manager is on the phone. Something about your new assignment."

"Right then. I know you need to leave early today, but could you take over for me 'til I get back?" He nodded his head in Trent's direction.

"No problem." Truthfully, Grayson was getting tired of this babysitting business. He understood the reason and need, but they were in the middle of a training exercise. It wasn't like Trent could pull a fast one out in the open for everyone to see. He was seriously starting to wonder if his earlier suspicions might be correct; that Ethan just might have a secret 'thing' for Private Chamberlain. Nah, couldn't be. He took his job too seriously and would never entertain such a notion, even though said soldier was a cutie.

Kira continued barking commands in Ethan's absence and Grayson took the rear position she'd previously occupied. A recruit to his left started fiddling with her bayonet, trying to get it reattached so he went over to assist her.

"Chamberlain." Trent walked up to her. "When you thrust forward for a stab, your stance is leaving you vulnerable. You're leaving yourself open if you don't spread your legs wide enough and bend at the knees to ground yourself from being knocked off balance. Do it again for me."

"Yes, Sergeant." She held her rifle at the ready and lunged one foot forward at the same time she stabbed the air directly in front of her.

"Okay, hold it right there, don't move." He walked up behind her. Placing his hands at her waist, he mimicked her stance, placing his body close to hers. "Follow my right foot." His foot inched forward.