She shouldn't be staring but her feet wouldn't move; they were rooted to the spot. Just as Emma went to pass by Ethan's office, she got an eyeful of tanned flesh. He had his shirt off with his back to her and she watched transfixed as strongly defined muscles rippled beneath his skin every time he flexed or moved. WHOA! Her eyes had their own ideas of where they wanted to travel as she fought to turn away from the breathtaking view of the half-naked man in front of her. His shoulders were perfectly sculpted with tightly corded muscles twisting down like fingers, stopping just above the bulging horseshoe shape of his triceps. Her gaze drifted slowly south, along the tapered 'V' of his torso to settle on his trim waist. She knew he was, well, fit, but there wasn't an ounce of fat to be found anywhere on his body. He dropped something on the floor and bent over to pick it up, causing her to gasp. Her head tilted to side as if studying the work of art that was his ass beneath the thin material of his shorts. OH! Oh my! A noteworthy flaw in the fabric of Army shorts was that they always revealed underwear lines. Not this time... looks like he really was a 'commando' kind of soldier. Her body impulsively leaned to the side as if trying to peer around him, curious as to what she'd see in the front of his...Stop that! Bad Emma! There will be no lusty thoughts about your evil, mean... cruel and, and despicable... loathsome... yet seriously sexy Drill Sergeant. Her head stayed right where it was, frozen with curiosity.

He stood up and slowly turned around, half expecting to find nothing at all behind him. What was there took him by surprise. Emma was gaping at him, mouth wide open; eyes slightly glazed and unfocused as if unaware he now faced her. Sh-she was, no. She is... she's checking me out! He could scarcely believe it. Here he thought he was a pervert for having thoughts about her naked while she stood there undressing him with her large russet eyes, making him feel like he was naked.

God bless America, but those sit-ups sure do pay off. He looked like a Calvin Kline underwear model with those lean abs, each muscle protruding slightly to form a perfect six pack. And oh my, he had one of those really nice navels with a trail of soft hair leading beneath his shorts and sharp hips that stuck out above the garment that hung low on his waist. Sweet Jesus, muscled love handles that tapered in towards each other with skin that looked so smooth and soft to the touch. Her eyes rose to drink in his chest with its thin line of demarcation, accentuating his developed pectorals that broadened outward, leading back to those nice shoulders and, OH-MY-GOD! Yup, he was looking right at her while she stood mute, staring like the proverbial deer caught in the headlights.

He could see she was just as flabbergasted at being discovered as he was to find her ogling him. Instead of being embarrassed however, he felt a surge of male pride at her obvious appreciation for his body and smirked at her. "See somethin' you like, Chamberlain?" Her jaw shut with an audible click and she stood ramrod straight, turning a stunning shade of red.

She couldn't speak but at least her feet were working again as she turned and ran for the bathroom. Before she could go through the door, Olivia came out of her room.

"Emma, he- what's wrong?" She looked like she'd just got through being 'smoked' by performing a million pushups.

"HUH? Oh, n-nothing. It's nothing."

She nodded in understanding.

"Lemme guess, Sergeant Dolan?" He must have caught her before she hit the showers again. Olivia felt awful that the bastard just wouldn't give her an inch. "Yeah, he's really got a hard-on for ya."

"WHAT!?" Her eyes went huge. "NO. NO hard-on's here. There are NO hard-on's to be had here... anywhere." Her hand sliced through the air decisively.

"Whoa," she took a step back. "Geez, Em. What's gotten into you?" What in the hell?

Certainly not Ethan, aaaaaand I really just thought that, didn't I? "Nothing. Not a thing. I-have-to-go-shower. Bye." She turned her back on her quirky blonde friend and slipped through the bathroom door.