Ashley laughed and shoved him out of the way. She got out of the car and placed her hand into his awaiting ones. She took a deep breath. "Are you sure your mother is going to like me? I don't know what to do if she doesn't."

"She's not going to like you." Dante said seriously.

Ashley gasp and reached for the car handle. "Okay, i'm going home then."

Dante laughed and pulled her into his chest. He stared down into her eyes. "She's going to love you." he whispered. He leaned down and pecked her lips softly.

"Now, don't start making babies on my front lawn."

Dante grinned and pulled away from Ashley. He released her hand and ran over to the front door. He engulfed his mother into a hug, spinning her around. "I missed you mom."

His mother laughed and patted his shoulders. "Okay Dante. You can let me down now."

He placed her back down at the ground. Turning around, he smiled at Ashley and signaled her to come forward. As Ashley came closer, he pulled her into his arms. He looked at his mother and grinned. "Mom, this is my girlfriend, Ashley."

His mother's eyes widened and she looked from Dante to Ashley. "Girlfriend?! Since when?!"

Ashley looked at her nervously and pulled a piece of hair behind her ear. "Hello, Ms. Hastings. My name is—"

"Oh I want nothing of that." His mother grinned and pulled Ashley into an unexpected hug. "Call me Violet."

Ashley looked shocked and Dante sniggered at her expression. She slowly wrapped her arms around his mother.

"Oh, finally. You bought home a decent girl for me." His mother exclaimed happily, pulling away from Ashley. She wiped away an imaginary tear. "I could die a happy woman now." 

Dante laughed at her theatrics. "Mother."

His mother looked at him and glared. "What? Let your mother be happy. You always bought home tramps and finally brought home a nice looking girl." She turned to Ashley. "Come on in dear, I'll bake you a pie." With that, she walked into the house, humming a happy tune.

Dante turned to Ashley and laughed. "Told you that she'd love you."

Ashley smiled and pecked his lips. "I already love her also."

.

.

.

Dante got out of the hospital building, rage building inside of him. He stood to the side and with a scream, he punched the wall. Agony flowed through his nerves but it had been nothing next to the agony raging inside of his heart.

He looked up at the building and glared at it. He couldn't believe what had just happened. They had kicked him out of the hospital all together, putting his name down on the reject list. Did they not know who he was and how fast he can ruin them?

His mind drifted off to her. To Ashley.

He couldn't help but let the worry seep into his body. The worry of whether or not she'll be okay. 

The last look that he got of her showed her in immense pain. 

He didn't want to admit it but he knew that pain had been caused by him. He should have been happy that she felt pain but all he felt was worry and heartbreak.

A part of him still wanted to continue to believe that she had never cheated but the encrypting photos said otherwise. 

It had been ironic how things had turned out.