Epilogue

*Ten years later*

"When I grow up, I want to be exactly like Sophie." Isabella stated with a proud grin on her face. She ran over to her older sister and hugged her tight.

Sophie laughed and tried pushing her away but the ten year-old girl held on tight. "Izzie," she grabbed Isabella's hand and pushed them down.

Isabella pouted. "Sophie." she whined.

"Mom, Izzie's clinging onto me again." Sophie looked at her mother with pleading eyes but everyone could see the crease on her lips. Sophie loved her little sister even though she knew how different they were from each other.

Ashley and Alessio never hid the truth from her. They told her everything and helped her understand it as best as they could. Sophie therefore had never had an issue with the two people who she considered her parents.

Ashley laughed and walked over to them. She knelt down next to Isabella and poked her nose. "You love Sophie, don't you?"

Isabella furiously nodded her head. She grinned at her older sister and reached her hands out for her.

Sophie rolled her eyes and grabbed her sister nonetheless. Despite being only thirteen, Sophie had grew up quickly physically and mentally, always acting older than her age. She knew everything that happened around her and learned at a young age to appreciate everything she got.

Isabella, on the other hand, had always been the baby of the family. She loved everyone and knew how much she was loved. It wasn't hard for her to get her way. It was something that she had picked up from her grandfather.

It wasn't until three years ago that Isabella found the true meaning of sacrifice and the love that a father has for his child.

Nevertheless, she never failed to smile and never failed to put a smile on her loved ones' faces.

Ashley looked at her family with a happy smile. Feeling an arm around her shoulder, she looked up and leaned into her husband's embrace.

"Wake me up if this is just a dream," Alessio muttered. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head.

Ashley laughed and wrapped her arms around his waist.

Both of them watched as Sophie twirled Isabella around in her arms while Isabella's laugh rang out through the house.

"It's not." Ashley smiled.

The doorbell rang. Sophie placed Isabella down on the ground who ran towards the door.

Rolling her eyes at her daughter, Ashley removed herself from Alessio and walked towards the front door. She smiled, seeing that Isabella had waited for her. She knelt down and Isabella got on her back, gripping her neck.

"Grandpa!" Isabella exclaimed, reaching her hand out as her eyes caught sight of him.

Antonio grinned at his youngest granddaughter and removed her from Ashley's back. He twirled her around. "My little piccola. You've gotten so big." he said, placing her back down.

Ashley laughed and hugged the woman the stood next to him. "Hi Elena."

Elena smiled and hugged her back. Pulling away, she placed her hand in Antonio's and grinned down at Isabella. She handed a box to her. "Happy tenth birthday, my love."

Isabella grinned and grabbed the box. She shouted a thank you before running inside the house, shouting for her sister.

Ashley looked down and raised her eyebrows up at their intertwined hands but refrained from saying anything. She opened the door wider. "Come in."