Chapter 21

I kind of rushed through this chapter because I wanted to get it up for you guys. Finals are coming up for me so I have no idea when the next update will be. I estimate this book will be over in about 20 more chapters but I'm not entirely sure yet. 

Anyways, I will actually post the first chapter of the spin-off once I'm done with finals. Also, many of your guesses of how Xavier is related to Alessio is totally...

.

.

.

.

INCORRECT! KEEP GUESSING YOU GUYS! THIS WILL BE VERY FUN FOR ME!

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! 

Chapter 21

Frankie raised his eyebrows up at her and smirked. He crossed his arms over his chest and ran his eyes up and down Alessio's body. Licking his lip, his eyes darkened. "Well, I must say cousin, you picked out a good one. Tall, dark, handsome, and very f*ckable might I add in."

"Frankie." Ashley hissed out. She turned to Alessio and smiled apologetically at him. "Please ignore him."

Alessio glanced over at Frankie before smiling down at Ashley. He turned back to Frankie and held out his hand. "My name is Alessio."

Frankie grinned and gave Ashley a side look. "I would take your hand but I heard pregnant women can be very possessive."

Alessio chuckled and pulled his hand back. "I have heard that a few times before." he said, grinning down at Ashley.

Her face grew thirty shades darker. She turned and glared at Frankie, motioning for him to get back inside the house.

He took the message and walked in. Before he closed the screen door behind him, he turned and sent a wink at Alessio while making the 'call me' motion. His laughter could still be hear even after the door closed.

Ashley sighed in relief and turned to Alessio. She blushed harder and looked down at her flats. She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. Looking down at her journal in her hand, she stared at it as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Your cousin is amusing." Alessio said smoothly.

Ashley looked up and smiled weakly at him. Embarrassment was all she felt in that moment. "He's," she paused, "Frankie."

Alessio chuckled for a few seconds before he put on his usual emotionless face. "Well, I have done what I needed to do here. I'll let you have dinner with you family in peace."

Ashley nodded her head. "I'll walk you out."

Alessio walked ahead of her and opened up the screen door. He waited for her to pass through before stepping in. "You have a lovely home."

"You don't have to be so formal. You're not Dr. Morcelli here." Ashley grinned at him, walking alongside him.

"Who I am here then?"

"Alessio. Just Alessio." Ashley responded. She stopped at the front door and smiled at him. "Thank you for giving me back my journal. I appreciate it a lot."

Alessio reached his hand out for a second before abruptly putting it back down. He nodded his head at her with a faraway look in his eyes. "Of course. I'll see you in five days."

Ashley forgot about the deal. She frowned and grabbed his wrist right as he was about to walk through the door. She ignored the feelings that bubbled in her stomach. "Alessio wait."