00

A/N: I do lots of time skips, lemme show you what each line I use mean.
————— = Time skip
______ = End of chapter
~~~ = Dreams/visions
Thank you.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Lots of people say you can have visions in your dreams, but it's hard to tell whether it is a vision or not. Dreams aren't easy to remember, but it's possible. Especially if they feel pretty real.

Kai had a dream. A pretty terrifying one.

He can't recall it when he first had it, but night after night he came in contact with it so often it was like a broken record playing over and over in his head. It was to the point where if he saw something that he saw similar to what was in his dream, he'd panic and recall the dream.

He had told his sister, Nya, about his dream. She had told him that he might've had a vision, but she wasn't sure herself. It wasn't as often where people had visions in their sleep where it came true. She tried helping him by thinking of different scenarios as to why he has the same dream, but to their luck, there was nothing that could possibly fit the scenario. At least, nothing that they could think of.

It was like that for a while. Kai kept having that dream, that agonizing dream every night. At times, Nya had to calm him down. He always woke up in cold sweat, sometimes even screaming. Kai remembers it, having that feeling of anger and anxiety bubbling in him after he wakes up from his dream. He knows why.

He wants to do something about it.

He hates suffering.
—————
"You know I hate when you do that."

Kai sat in annoyance while Cole and Jay bickered amongst themselves, always having to deal with them like that. Jay had poked Kai with a stick and Cole smacked him with another, both snickering. The brunette didn't know what caused them to bicker, but he didn't care now that he knew they would leave him alone. Honestly, he was smiling a little on the inside knowing he'd be free from their jokes and pestering.

Eventually he grew tired and got up from where he sat, walking around the monastery, trying to clear his mind. The dream made its way to his thoughts, making him stop in his tracks. Suddenly, the wall became very interesting to him as he stared at it, trying so hard to forget the dream. But it was no use. It was drilled in his mind.

Anger built up inside him, his hand curling into a fist. In attempt to get rid of that feeling, he slammed his fist against the wall, tiny cracks forming where he had hit. He cursed quietly underneath his breath, shaking his hand and continued on his path, taking heavy steps and breathing unsteady. Kai could tell his face was red, as his face was burning with heat. He always gets like that when he's angry.

As he continued walking, he saw Nya standing by the outer walls of the monastery. There was a lake there, in which Nya always goes to when things are on her mind. Everyone knew that, she went there often. Kai sighed and walked to her, taking deep breaths to push down his anger. He didn't want to lash out on his sister by accident because of a stupid dream.

"Nya." He called gently. When she hummed in response, he spoke. "What's on your mind this time?"

She kept her eyes on the lake, shrugging her shoulders. "Not sure. Just felt the need to come here."

"You come here when you have something on your mind, always." Kai mumbled. "Seriously, is something bothering you?"

Nya kept quiet, thinking if she should tell him or not. After some time, she spoke. "Yeah, somethings wrong. Your dream is bothering me too. I can't tell what it means, Kai."

Now it was Kai's turn to stay quiet. "Yeah." Was all he managed to say.

He watched his sister throw a rock into the lake while she spoke. "You know, it might have something to do with the future. Maybe it's a future mission we'll encounter. Who knows. At least we know who we'll be facing and what it's about."

Kai froze in his spot. He choked out a quiet "yeah" before fidgeting with his hands. Thankfully, Nya couldn't see from where she stood.

He hadn't told her everything, and that familiar feeling of guilt took over his body.

Everything after that talk was a blur to him.
—————
The brunette laid in bed, preparing himself for his dream tonight. He's seen it multiple times, but every time it's a new feeling that he gets when he sees it. This time, he didn't know how he'd feel, but he had to prepare. He can't change or choose what dreams he has. So he laid there, slowly closing his eyes while taking deep breaths.

Soon enough, he fell asleep, and his dream came back to him.

This time, it was different.
~~~
He was on the floor, coughing violently and shaking. A small voice rang through his ear, quietly but loud enough for him to hear. It was that kid he sees in his dreams, he can't see what he looks like but he knows by his voice. It was small, breaking, scared. Why was this kid here at this moment?

Smoke filled the air, knocking out anyone who inhaled too much. To what Kai can see, everyone who was with him had been laying there unconscious. How come this kid wasn't?

That didn't matter. He was alive, that's what matters. He needed to get this kid out of here or else.

With all his strength he got off the ground and picked up the kid despite his protests and his body screaming at him in pain. He couldn't see. His hearing was horrible because of the ringing, it blocked any other noise. Crap, can I really do this? He thought. I have to, you have to. You can't back down now.

He limped his way towards what looked like to be an opening, the kid on his back holding on tightly, a little too tightly. Kai didn't mind, he couldn't feel it anyway. The opening was getting closer, but Kai's vision worsened every step he took. He tripped, hitting his cheek on the ground. He groaned in pain, trying to look around for the child.

Little hands were being pressed down onto his arm, signaling Kai that he was there. He couldn't tell if he was okay, the smoke covered his vision and blocked his airways. His breathing was unsteady and sharp. He couldn't breathe. Am I dying?

No. He wasn't dying. Not here. He couldn't.

He felt a sharp pain in his chest, and everything went black.
—————
He woke up in a cold sweat again, this time in pain. That sharp, stabbing pain lingered in his chest, freaking him out. He pulled on his shirt and looked down at his chest, sighing in relief when he realized he was okay.

"This is driving me absolutely insane." He sighed as he gripped onto his hair.

He stumbled out of bed and made his way out to the main area, where he was greeted by the others. Nya went to him, quietly asking him about his dream. The others didn't know yet, and she didn't want them to question him if she asked about it loudly.

He had told her parts of it, not telling her about the pain he felt in his chest when he woke up. It still worried her though.

"Kai, you have a bruise on your cheek." Suddenly Jay spoke. He was pointing at his left cheek. "Did you get hit?"

Kai panicked and went to the closest mirror, seeing the bruise on his cheek. He gently touched it, hissing at the pain. It was ugly; a big, dark purple circle near the corner of his mouth. Is this from when I fell in my dream? He thought. There's no way I could get such a bruise.

"Kai, it looks like it's gonna... bleed. What happened to you?" The others were now suspicious and worried.

He looked at them and sighed.

"I'll tell you." He said under his breath, loud enough for them to hear. "But you better pay attention. I'm not repeating it again, I don't want to repeat it again."
______

Hope it's satisfactional. Enjoy ^^

• Plazma