Chapter 19 - Balcony Rain and Random Behaviours

Start from the beginning

Ash dropped his head back in disappointment and Shawn nervously looked around.

I pointed my finger at the balcony, targetting Destiny, "Listen, because you seem to love the idea of a weather telling balcony, you can go sit out there in the rain and chat with it." I looked to Shawn and Ash stood by each other, "And you two may do whatever you wish." I comfortably sat back into the chair, stretching out all my limbs, "Voila! It's called simple problem solving, people!"

"You–!" Destiny tried to argue but stopped herself, but then menacingly marching over to me and yanked me up by my arm. "You need to leave this room and all my problems will be solved for sure."

"What? But I–"

"Get moving, missy." Destiny pushed me along, somehow experiencing extra-human strength to get my resisting butt out of the room.

"But this is my room, Dest!" I protested, struggling against her exceptional force on my shoulders, successfully pushing me out.

I peered over her shoulder into the room, trying to shoot a look of plea to either Ash or Shawn, but I could see neither, just an empty lounge chair that I'd occupied mere minutes ago.

"Now, you're going to stay out here until I speak to Ash. If he's feeling generous enough to let you back in, then you may."

"Ash?" I scoffed, "Oh, I don't have a problem then. He will let me back in straight away."

She snorted, "If you've been treating him kindly, then sure."

As Destiny disappeared behind the closed door, emotion drained from my face as I recalled the moment I slapped shaving cream in Ash's face.

I was screwed.

Calmly and patiently aiming to endure some time outside by completing a few stretches and bopping my head to some distant techno music, I noticed that barely any minutes had elapsed. Pouting as I tried to peer through the peephole, I accidentally smacked my head on the wooden door and the epiphany of all epiphanies came to me.

Evilly watching the door lock light turn green to enter, I pushed open the door and examined the stunned look on Destiny's face while she stood beside Ash who was already by the door. He quickly dodged it to prevent being hit.

I waved around my saviour, the keycard that I had conveniently placed in my back pocket, in Destiny's direction. I didn't say a word, just laughed maniacally, terrorising the thoughts that swam through my best friend's mind.

**-**-**

A piercing, high-pitched sound in the centremost of the room almost made me fall from my chair to the ground in instant shock. As the telephone continued ringing, the four of us stared at each other.

In the absence of our speech, we all mentally communicated who would pick up the phone, but no one moved from their spot like the telephone was boobytrapped.

Shawn had averted his gaze, ignoring the ringing phone crisis and spun around on the breakfast bar chair that he'd borrowed from the kitchen, and similarly, Destiny mumbled something about the room being Ash and mine, so we had to do the honours.

Expressing the fact that he wasn't bothered to pick up the phone, but after being sent the evils by yours truly, Ash grunted and rolled onto his back from laying on his side, awkwardly stretching his arm out to grab and hold the telephone to his ear. With the main handset console moving closer to him the more he tugged at it, and not helping himself by simply sitting up straight, I could only sense the accident waiting to happen.

Quickly shooting up from my seat, I pushed down on the console to keep it at bay and not whack Ash straight in the face. He should be grateful.

We all noticed the unimpressed look on his face as he spoke to the caller. He nodded once and thanked the person before ending the call and returned the handset to the console.