Chapter Five

Author's Note: There were some teases in the previous chapter but we are going to properly earn the M-rating today.  Please look away if that sort of thing offends you.  And please leave any comments at the end of the chapter because I'm not experienced at writing these sorts of scenes and would love feedback.

The sound of the door latch falling into place was followed quickly by the sound of Alistair's boots on the stone floor of my room as he strode towards me.  I had turned away from him to face the wall, but his rough hand came to rest on my shoulder, spinning me around and pinning me against the cold stone walls.

He reached out one hand to lift up my chin, forcing me to raise my gaze to his.  There was no longer any use in pretending that I did not know what would happen next; I had invited him into my room, of my own free will.  I was his.

Alistair almost seemed to sense my surrender, for his mouth twisted up into a wicked grin as he looked down at me with his keen grey eyes.  "Princess," he hissed.  I shuddered at his voice, which only made him smile more broadly.  "I mustn't lie, I thought you would have a little more fight in you than this."

"I told you," I whispered back.  "I don't just do what they tell me to.  I do what I want."  And I want you.

One large, powerful arm wrapped around my waist, pressing me to Alistair's chest as he bent his head further and brought his mouth to mine.

I had been kissed before, little pecks from nervous boys when we played a game of challenges, but this was something else entirely.  His mouth devoured mine, his tongue forced itself past my lips, and his body leaned further into mine, pressing me even more firmly against the wall.  The stones should have felt cold through my linen dress, but the heat of his chest pressed against mine burned through my entire body, sending flames to the furthest reaches of my fingertips.

Though perhaps it should be shameful to admit, I kissed him back, wrapping my hands around his neck and pulling him even more deeply into me.

He broke the kiss for a moment, raking his teeth over my bottom lip as he pulled away.  I whimpered in protest at his departure, and he grinned wickedly down at me.  "Well, you're to do as I tell you," he growled.

I could only nod in response.

That seemed to satisfy him, for he turned his attention away from my mouth and towards my neck.  He began with gentle, soft kisses on my collarbone.  I shivered with each touch; the whisper of his lips on my skin was almost a tickle, but one that made me gasp and melt even further.

But as his lips moved up my neck, they grew more demanding.  I yelped in surprise as his teeth grazed against my skin, nipping me slightly.  It was not strong enough to bleed, I thought, not sharp enough to mark me as his, but my reaction seemed to bring him great satisfaction for he continued to nip and pull at my skin with his teeth while I squirmed.

While I had been focused on his lips, his hands had been slowly, slowly inching their way up my legs to the waistband of my tights.  Alistair's hands were calloused and rough and impossibly warm as he peeled my tights down my legs.  I shifted my weight and brought my own hands down to help, freeing my legs from their fabric prison.  The air was cold against my skin, but the flame of my desire warmed me enough that I didn't notice.

Alistair's lips left the sensitive skin behind my ear, and he breathed soft instructions to me.  "Close your eyes and spread your legs.  And keep your hands behind your back."

I did not have to be told twice.

Spreading my legs meant that I sank a few inches further down the wall, but Alistair's hands easily found their way down to the aching warmth between my legs.  I gasped as he drew slow, lazy circles with his fingers, dancing around the area that ached the most and sending shivers of desire through me.