Chapter Six : Pick A Tiara

March | 2017

My head resting on your shoulder while hugging your arm, your head on top of mine. Only feeling the warmth between us and my beating heart.
—k.b. // you make me feel special

Engagement Photos Released!

Prince Harry and Sofia Hellqvist have taken the next engagement step.

The engaged royals posed for their very first official portraits.

But now, just like hundreds of officially engaged couples across the world, they have released their perfectly lit, professionally edited engagement photos, which were taken earlier this week.

Kensington Palace has released the engagement photos of His Royal Highness, The Duke of Sussex, and his fiancée, Miss Sofia Hellqvist. The photos were taken at Sandringham House.

==•==•==

"Hello, Your Majesty." Sofia said, as she entered the private sitting room.

"Hello, Sofia." Her Majesty said, as Sofia kissed both of her cheeks before Sofia curtsied.

She smiled as she nodded for Sofia to take a seat on the couch.

"How are you today? I hope your car ride over went smoothly." She said.

Sofia nodded.

"I'm well. No traffic, surprisedly." Sofia said.

"Now Sofia, I know I called you over to choose a tiara to wear on your wedding day but I've decided to give you a tiara as a wedding gift." Queen Elizabeth said as she handed a few sheets of paper to Sofia.

"These are samples of tiaras that you may choose from so that I can have the tiara made for you." She said as Sofia took the papers from her and looking it over.

"Thank you so much. You have such an amazing collection, I was actually quite nervous about wearing such delicate tiaras." Sofia said as she tried to think about what tiara would fit her best.

Elizabeth smiled.

"Yes, aside from your wedding tiara, like Catherine, there will be times where you will have to wear a tiara so I will allow you access to use certain tiaras." Elizabeth said.

"Do you have any tiaras in mind that you would like for me to wear?" Sofia asked.

"Yes, of course." Elizabeth answered as she waved her hand.

Three men dressed in black walked over and placed three black boxes on the table and removed the top to reveal three tiaras.

"This is the Sapphire Tiara, I had it commissioned in 1963 to match a set of diamond and sapphire earrings and a necklace given to me by my father for my wedding. I would love for you to wear it for tiara required events." She said.

Sofia nodded.

"It's lovely." Sofia said.

Elizabeth smiled.

"And this is the Cambridge Sapphire Parure, it hasn't been seen in two or three decades or so, but it was worn by Queen Mary of Teck regularly." She said.

Sofia smiled.

"It such an honor to have these tiaras. I will make sure I wear these tiaras when it's required." Sofia said.

"This is the Strathmore Rose Tiara, this was given to my mother by her father before her marriage to my father. It does not really suit me but it's perfect for you." She said.

"Thank you." Sofia said.

"Now have you made a decision on which tiara you would commissioned?" She asked.

Sofia nodded.

"Yes, this one would be perfect." Sofia said as she smiled and handed the Queen the sheet of the tiara she would like made.

Sofia had chosen a tiara that features petite diamond palmettes set on a slender diamond studded base and interspersed with diamond spikes.

The setting of the tiara features a rigid, coronet-style base, that would sit perched atop Sofia's head. Elizabeth would have one of her own emerald and diamond necklaces, dismantled to make the new tiara.

Elizabeth smiled.

"I knew you would pick this one. It does fit you." She said.

"Thank you." Sofia said.

"What should we name it?" She asked.

"Name it?" Sofia replied.

"Yes, for when the media asks. . . how about Princess Sofia's Palmette Tiara." She said.

"But I'm not a Princess." Sofia said.

Elizabeth didn't respond but she chuckled and winked at Sofia.

Sofia was confused but smiled as she stared at her tiaras.