CHAPTER 3 - Then, you are crazy.

"Bryan?"

Lucas shrugged away from my grip. My jaw dropped, and eyes bulged. 

"Ma’am?" I shift my gaze to the two men in front of me. "Huh?" I asked. The younger looking man approached me. "I'm really sorry about this but you shouldn't have resorted into physical violence. We could've sued you but we won't because my boss doesn't deem it necessary".

"Huh?" Lucas left for the car and settled in the driver's seat.

"Here. Our company card. Feel free to stop by anytime. Perhaps even thank my boss" Still dumbstruck, I could barely utter a word. He smiled sweetly and put the white card in my hand that said 'Mcgray Holdings'. I stared at it and looked back up but he was already gone. The car left in the blink of an eye. 

I knew it couldn't have been Bryan. There was no way. But it was his last name on the card. Maybe just a coincidence? Did he remember me? Is that why he didn't raise any charges? Why didn't he say hello? Anxiety washed over me. I looked like I had seen a ghost as I approached the diner. 

"Hey...Kate" My head snapped back up to meet her pretty blue eyes. I stopped in my slow tracks.

"Oh...hi Miley" I was about retreating to my seat when she opened her mouth to speak again."You okay?"

My greyish-brown eyes meet her puzzled blue ones. "Sure, why do you ask?"

"You are crying" I bring my right palm to my face. Patting the eye bags I had now developed. They were wet.

"Oh. Probably the rain." She seemed more puzzled now. "It's not raining"

"Uh...where-where is my drink?" I stuttered. "Over there. I dropped it off at your table" she said in response

I spot James a few seats away taking down some orders and smiling. He didn't notice me coming in. The diner was not so busy like the other days. Maybe because schools were still in session and it was only 10. 

I then asked myself why James would have a break by ten? I didn't even want to bother thinking about that. I had just seen Bryan-fucking-Mcgray and I looked like shit!

"I hurried to my seat and took out my phone from my bag. I clicked on the camera and put it in selfie mode. I looked like I had gone through hell and back. My hair was a freaking mess. Eye bags, little bit of acne here and there and my overly tanned brown skin. Fuck.

I put my phone back and sat in. Looking at the food I ordered in distaste. I lost my appetite and I never lost my appetite. I looked outside the window and sighed. Memories flood in...

Five years ago...

"Kate?" I hear his voice from a distance. 

"Yeah?" I answered him from the bathroom. "Do you think my blue or red tie looks better with my white shirt?" He asked. Uncertainty in his voice. 

It has already been half an hour now and he had yet to pick his tie! We are going to be late, I thought.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" I let out a breath of air while applying my mascara. "You know you look good in anything. Besides, blue is your favorite."

"Blue it is then" I felt the smile in his voice. "Thanks, love."

"Are you done getting dressed?" He asked. "We have to be down in ten."

"Nah. Almost." I say while applying my nude lipstick. He walked to the bathroom and pushed the already opened door slightly. Eyeing me from head to toe. I spot his reflection in the mirror. A smile forming on my lips.