Chapter 10

The Makings of You

You're second to none

I groaned at the sunlight invading my vision and rolled over to block it out

Suddenly, there was movement from the other side of the bed and I heard a groan erupt from its occupant.

"Mornin."

I opened my right eye and stilled my movements only to notice Eva facing me with a cheery smile on her face, wearing the same outfit she wore last night. Her hair was everywhere, her mascara was smudged and she sported a huge purple mark on her chest.

I was glad it was her and not someone else.

I opened both of my eyes and stretched, still a bit disoriented from my restful sleep. It was then that I realized that I was no longer in my clothes from last night, instead I wore only a Tupac T-shirt and underwear.

What the hell happened?

"Um morning?" I asked rather than said. "Wait what are you doing here?"

"Girl I don't even know. All I remember is you walkin out the kitchen, I tried to ask you what was wrong. But you blew me off and stole a bottle of Don Julio from the bar, took it into your room, and we finished the whole bottle."

Shit what was wrong with me.

She sat there searching her mind for more information before a mischievous grin spread across her face.

"Ohh then East came in here asking for you and you basically cussed his ass out in your room. I mean, I was shocked at some of the words you were saying. Who knew someone could say the eff word eight times in one sentence." She looked at me in amazement. "Then Wayno came in to check up on you and I think I left with him for a while. Well that would explain the hickey and the soreness between my..."

"Alright that's enough." I spoke before she could finish.

I groaned again and threw my head back onto the bed. The tequila won this time and I had the headache to prove it.

"Why do I feel like I'm fired. That nigga has anger issues I don't feel like dealing with him today. I don't even know what day it is", I managed to speak despite my head throbbing.

"Pretty sure it's Friday. The party was Thursday and I think...I think I'm going to throw up." she sputtered before running to my bathroom.

Great that meant East had that big photo shoot at GQ today.

I headed into the bathroom after her, almost tripping over the heels I wore last night. I took great note of the two tequila bottles on the sink before pulling Eva's hair back as she released everything that she ate yesterday.

I dry heaved and looked away disgusted from the site. This was my first "hangover" and I was thanking God that I was only met with a headache.

"Bitch remind me to never ever drink with your alcoholic ass again", Eva murmured while wiping her mouth.