Chapter 46

Solid As a Rock

Who jah bless I say no man curse

My eyes moved left to right and my lips quietly recited each word aloud, as I reviewed the insurance documents in front of me

My eyes moved left to right and my lips quietly recited each word aloud, as I reviewed the insurance documents in front of me. As the owner of a multi-million dollar business, I quickly developed the habit of examining everything that required my signature . That's why I never left home with my glasses and why one of the tabs on my computer always housed the dictionary website - just in case I came across a word that I didn't know the meaning to.

If everything on this paper went right, I was set to gain over five million dollars in recovery costs for the hotel from our insurance policy. That meant that I could repair any damages and rebuild everything we lost just in time for a March reopening. It might only be a mere six months away, but I was confident that my team and I could get it done.

After I was satisfied with my review, I removed the plastic cap from my black gel pen and neatly signed my name on the dotted line.

Allaya L. S. Daniels

That name had so much weight to it now, to think that my existence meant so much, to so many people.

I gathered the papers and pushed them to the side, then signed for Tony to enter. His short stature was no match for his tall ass attitude. There was no doubt that he was the baddest bitch in here, in fact, he'd tell you himself if given the opportunity.

"Excuse me Miss. Laya" He stepped in the doorway and scratched the top of his head like he had hair there. "Umm you got a delivery sis." He made way for the man that entered with a Saks shopping bag.

I got up and took it from him to peer inside and immediately started blushing at it's contents.

As much as I loved being an independent woman with my own money, I loved being spoiled with nice things even more.

"Mmm girl so what did we get?!" He prompted me to open it. But before I could pull open the white box, I  read the note that came with it.

If you adore her, Dior her.
Thank you for choosing to be in my life, it's a blessing to be able to wake up to you every morning. I love you.
x| Dave

Tears welled in the corner of my eyes at the sentiment. Another just because gift from my baby. Dave never needed an occasion to spoil me. Dave knew all of my love languages and catered to them frequently. I got gifts just because it was Tuesday and trips whenever I was overwhelmed.

I pulled out the Lady Dior bag from its box and my mouth hung open.