Chapter 22

A/N Okay people, on a deadline here, gotta write.  Enjoy!

Fitz's POV

"Fitz Nooooooooo!" Ignoring my fearful father, I went into Sophie's mind.  I didn't care if I got pulled in with her; I just needed to know that I did everything to bring her back.  I stretched into her consciousness; or what was left of it, since when I got in everything was pitch black, and just seemed like a swirl of emotions.  

After what seemed like hours, I heard a thought, a devastating one,  No one loves you, Sophie, Everyone hates you. 

Needing to make this right, I started by trying to tell Sophie.  I love you, Sophie, no one will ever hate you, I'll never hate you.

Soon, I started to talk to her, Sophie please come out, I need you.

No, no one needs me, I'm a mistake and just a puppet.

I couldn't bare those words so finding good memories, I shuffled through my mind.  Soon enough, I had collected so many memories of us that my mind created a big ball of thoughts.  But I needed to pull Sophie out, not just give her good emotions; I had to keep searching to find good memories.

When I found her, when we held hands, when we defeated the Neverseen, out first time being cognates, us sharing our biggest secret, me and her having our first kiss, our first date, and so many more ways of just showing how important she was in my life.  

Now, with the last of my strength, I put those memories into the big ball of thoughts and put it in the center of my head.  3,2,1... I pushed the ball towards her mind with a shaking body and collapsed.  

"Sophie, I love you..." I muttered then falling on the floor.

1 hour Later

"Fitz?"  I heard in my sleep.  A voice so soft, and beautiful; to good to be true.  "FITZ?" That same voice screaming into my ears and my legs moved.  Opening my eyes softly, I was not greeted by a pair of teal eyes that any elf would have, but a pair of eyes that only one elf had; golden-flecked eyes and sunshine blonde hair.

"Sophie, SOPHIE!" I yelled over the top of my lungs.  "YOU'RE BACK!"

She smiled, "Yeah, I am.  You helped me come back you know.  But when you said the words I love you to me, you completely blacked out."  She laughed, "I was about to shatter with guilt again, but when Elwin said you'd wake up in an hour I was counting down the seconds."

We let out a breath that neither of us knew we were holding.  "So, are you okay?"  I grabbed her waist and laid her down on the bed next to me.

Giggling, she responded.  "Yeah, I thought I lost my boyfriend, but you're here."

We sat there in silence until a wave of energy went through my body.  I smiled, and put my hand on Sophie's head.  Leaning closer, I put my lips on hers and stayed there for a while until she started kissing me back.  

"FITZ YOU"RE AWA-" the person stopped at the sight of me and Sophie making out.  

"Ahem..."  Jumping away, we were greeted with my parents and Sophie's parents who were quite amused by the fact that I had pulled Sophie so close to me on the bed.

"Ummm, Grady it's not what it seems we were just..." I was at a loss of words at that point, "We were happy to see each other."

"Clearly..."  Grady responded while Edaline and my mom shared an 'Our-kids-are-so-cute-together' look and while my father gave Grady a, 'We-need-to-give-them-a-talk-about-making out-in-public' look.

Embarrassed,  Sophie claimed of the bed and walked over to the beanbag right next to it.  "Sorry dad, we got a little too excited."

And to our surprise, Grady laughed, "I wasn't mad!  This is your age to... do all that stuff.  But just make sure you don't go overboard and do... other... you know...stuff."

"Daaaad!" Sophie wined while we both blushed.  "Please stop."

"Anyway, we were just there to see if you were awake and bring you both over to Everglen again.  The sleepover is getting pretty boring without the two of you." Mom smiled while pulling out her crystal ready to go home.

"FITZ! SOPHIE!" We were greeted home with Biana trampling us and everybody else eager to also.

"Guys!" Sophie yelled trying to get everyone off of us.  

"Sophie?" I threw everyone off to see the little girl trying to breathe at the bottom of the pile of hugs.  

Time Skip

"Umm, wanna go for a walk, Soph?"

She got up from the comfy blankets and pillows everyone had set up and took my hand, "Yeah, let's go."

Beaming, we went out to the cool summer night with the starry sky and full moon.  After 10 minutes of roaming in Everglen's very big yard, we settled down on a hilltop with soft grass overlooking a lush forest with a river.

"So, today was weird."  I started the conversation trying to make Sophie talk.

"Yeah, but um I wanted to say sorry for the prank that Biana and I did.  I didn't think I would go this far, I just wanted to have some fun." she apologetically said.

"No, I'm sorry.  Running away broke your mind, and without you, I wouldn't know what to do with my life."

"Let's not go there okay?" Sophie tried to look for silver lining among this very bizarre day.  "Oh, um wanna look at our matchmaking lists?"

"I don't have it with m-" she put her finger on my mouth and handed me an envelope with gold lettering, 'Fitzroy Avery Vacker's Top Choices'

"I didn't look at it okay?"

She looked at me so excitedly and ripped open her envelope.  Doing the same, I pulled out my list and scanned the top 5.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  This better not be Sophie pranking me again I thought.

"Fitz, are you pranking me?" Sophie asked me.  I shook my head in confusion.

"Okay, that's weird, let's exchange and see." I gave my list to her waiting for her list.

And I couldn't believe my eyes either:

1. Fitzroy Avery Vacker

2.Fitzroy Avery Vacker

3.Fitzroy Avery Vacker

4.Fitzroy Avery Vacker

5.Fitzroy Avery Vacker

She had only me on her list.  I beamed because I had the same thing.  My list was similar to Sophie's:

1. Sophie Elizabeth Foster-Ruewen

2.Sophie Elizabeth Foster-Ruewen

3.Sophie Elizabeth Foster-Ruewen

4.Sophie Elizabeth Foster-Ruewen

5.Sophie Elizabeth Foster-Ruewen

"Fitz, I can't beli-" This time it was my turn to put my finger on her lips.  

"I know, I know.  But let's just clear up one thing right now okay?" I waited for her head to nod then continuing, "No more pranks over okay?  I almost lost you today."

Without a word, I scooched her closer to me while she laid her head on me.  Now, there was only one thing to do.

A/N 1118 words!  I hope you liked this chapter.  What do you guys think Fitz is going to do?  And make sure you comment and vote!  Thank you for reading, and stay safe!