t h e i n n

"Ok, White Wolf. Where are we headed?" Aldith asked the Witcher, who was sat in front of her, riding Roach.

"We need to find an inn, somewhere we can bathe. Eat, drink. You stink of shit." Geralt responded with a slight joking tone.

"You don't smell the best either, Witcher." Aldith retorted with a grin on her face.

The journey to find an inn, proved to be a long one, and a silent one. Aldith and Geralt didn't find the need to talk to one another constantly, Aldith would much prefer to look at the scenery that surrounded them; the vibrant grass, standing tall in some places with bright yellows and purples, the trees looming over the pathway, creating a shelter from the sun. The sky was a baby blue, with only a single cloud in the distance and the birds tweeted loudly, singing songs of the Novigrad countryside. She felt at peace, and safe with her newfound protector and companion.

Geralt also began enjoying Aldith's company, she was quiet, didn't ask too many questions, and had regard to the fact that he was a massive introvert. She didn't dig about his past. He would miss her when they would part ways. If Novigrad felt fit, he might of even left her there, but he was yet to make up his mind.

Just one last night with her.

Neither of them brought up what had happened at the hut three days prior, but they both thought about it. There was a slight awkwardness lingering in the air, but it was pushed aside to make the journey bearable. Geralt had no idea why he couldn't tear his eyes away from hers, it was like she held him in a trance, almost as though she was staring right through to his soul.

Aldith didn't know what came over her either, although she was very attracted to the Witcher, she knew that it would never develop into anything but lust, and she was fine with that. She'd never loved a man before, she had been with men; but it was never a feeling of content, or lifelong happiness. She was fine with that, also. Anybody who got close to her, died.

She bounced lightly on Roach, as he passed over cobbled paths, her mind wandered to the question Geralt asked her about her hair, she did find it odd that she looked so different to anybody else in her family, and why her name was Elven. It was rare to see a woman with green eyes and lilac hair. Her thoughts were interrupted when they reached an enormous gate, with for guards situated at each site.

"Welcome to Novigrad, Aldith." Geralt turned around slightly to face her as he spoke, "There's an inn not far from here. We'll go straight there. Then I'll need to disappear for a few hours."

"Why? Where are you going?" Aldith asked, tilting her head a little to the right.

"There's a craftsman near the harbour. He can fix me up some new armour." He responded as Roach came to a halt.

"Hello, White Wolf. What brings you to Novigrad? Oh, a friend too? How delightful." The Redanian Guard sarcastically spoke.

"A bed, food." The Witcher flatly replied.

"Go in, Geralt of Rivia."

Geralt nodded, and Roach slowly cantered through the streets. Aldith looked around, noticing the amount of beggars, and homeless individuals lying in their own excrement, pleading for coin. Some of the buildings looked nice, and in its own right, even the outskirts and most deprived areas of Novigrad looked somewhat posh.

Roach came to a stop outside of a small building with steps leading up to the door. A sign hung off the wall which was swaying slightly in the wind. "We're here." Geralt said monotonously.

'What a lovely mood you're in Witcher.' Aldith thought to herself, she almost spoke out loud but she could tell he was already in a foul mood. She jumped off of Roach, and grabbed one of the saddlebags to carry into the inn.