family

A/N: Ok lovelies, I know I said that I would next post protect pt.4 but as I was writing the chapter I realised I didn't really like the direction it was going in. I'm not sure whether to make it a mini-series within the book and I would really like any of your input on ideas for the chapter. Thank you. But for now...

imagine: you and Oscar have been in a relationship for a while and it's caused a rift between you and your family but with a baby of your own on the way you can't help but miss them.

warning:extremely fluffy Oscar🥰

——💥 ——

I stood in front of the mirror, stroking my protruding belly. I had gradually noticed my body changing and so far, it had only resulted in extreme mood swings that I took out on poor Oscar. This pregnancy wasn't planned but it did mean that I got extra attention from Oscar, and that was something I loved about him. He cared so much about the baby and it was only a few months along and he was paranoid in making sure I didn't hurt myself. The nursery was already finished and Oscar had pretty much bought everything to do with the word 'baby'.

Oscar walked in and grinned when he saw me in front of the mirror. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. He met my eyes in the mirror and softly smiled.

"Not a day goes by when I don't thank the stars that you're mine, Mi Reina." He kissed my hair softly before rocking us slightly. I grinned widely, a faint blush covering my cheeks. Oscar made me feel amazing and special every single day and there was nothing better I could've asked for.

I turned around, my palm resting on his cheek.

"I'm so lucky to have you baby," I giggled as I felt a kick on my stomach. "And this little one as well."

Oscar grinned before he crouched down and kissed my stomach.

"I love you so much little one, I can't wait till me and your mama get to meet you."

I giggled again and brought Oscar up into a hug.

"Oscar."

"Hmm."

"Can we cuddle for a bit?"

He chuckled and smiled down at me.  "Of course, bebé."

As we lay down on the bed, I let my thoughts consume me. My eyes welled as memories of my past came to mind. I didn't even care for my whole family. I had discarded them as soon as they had discarded me as a useless puta who fell in love with a Santos. I just missed those that I did love, especially my brother and his little girl.

For a long time, I had been the baby of the whole family while I was growing up. All my brother were older than me and all I had received was comparison after comparison with every single one of them. When my youngest brother, who had lost all hope for love because he was immature, finally got married and had a kid, I had been elated. There wasn't a moment I liked to spend away from her. We were inseparable. She had been tiny when I had last seen her but in the last three years I had no communication with anyone and I was pretty sure she had forgotten her tía.

Tears rolled down my cheeks and it wasn't long before sobs racked through my body. I felt Oscar shift as he sat up to look at me.

"Bebé, what's wrong? Tell me."

I shook my head as I sniffled and wiped the tears on my cheeks. "It's nothing, Oscar."