protect

imagine:you've been friends with the diaz brothers for a while now, cesar more than oscar but oscar's always been looking out for you even when you don't know it.

warning:mentions assault

—— ⚡️ ——

You ran down the road, struggling to hold your jacket against you. Rocks and stones nipped at your bare feet as you limped, desperate to get home. The cold air bit at your bare arms and you shivered, constantly looking over your shoulder.

The red lipstick that had been on your lips was now almost missing, if not for the smudge on the side of your lips. Your perfectly done hair was now in tangles down your back. Your breathing was heavy and your eyes were blurred with tears as you struggled to notice where you were going.

Without realising, you had reached the front of the Diaz household, and despite the late night, the Santos were still sitting around, chatting animatedly.

⚡️

oscars POV

"Shut up." You shoved Tony, laughing as you did so.

You took a hint from your blunt and looked up, coincidentally noticing someone standing in the dark in front of the house.

"Y/n?" You got up and made your way closer to her, throwing away your blunt as you did so. As you got close, you couldn't help but notice she were shivering uncontrollably.

"Hey, you ok?" You asked, concern lacing your voice. She moved closer, her face finally in the light.

You gasped.

There on her cheek was a large bruise that was a stark red on her face. You noticed her eyes, filled to the brim with her tears and her lips were trembling.

"Oscar..." she whispered before falling, straight into my chest. I wrapped my arms tightly around her.

"You're ok princess," I stroked her hair, my mind still reeling with confusion and shock."I got you."

I noticed that she was holding her jacket tight against her skin and realised that she needed to warm up immediately.

I turned to see Tony and some of the others had got up and were standing there with confusion on their faces. I shook my head and he nodded back, understanding. As all the Santos left one by one, and Tony mouthed a quick
"is she ok?"

To which I honestly couldn't answer, but judging by her current state, I shook my head.

Hastily, I pulled her into my house, locking the door behind us. I picked ups her small body, bridal style and carried her to my room, noticing that she couldn't stop crying the whole time.

As we walked into my bathroom, I placed her gently on the counter and looked at her. She opened her eyes and all I could see was pain, something I wish I could unsee.

I reached for her jacket and she started breathing heavily. "Hey, hey it's ok." she whimpered and I leaned forward kissing her forehead. "it's ok." My voice cracked at the end, her pain hurting me.

As I peeled off the jacket, I had to stop myself from gasping in shock. Her dress had been ripped down the front and she had finger marks on her chest. I looked up, meeting her eyes.

Suddenly all the shock and confusion was gone, replaced with anger.

"Who?" I whispered quietly, so as to not scare her.

She avoided my eyes before whispering quietly. "Carter."

I shook my head, breathing heavily and trying to restrain myself from punching the wall.

She started crying again, and I wanted her to stop, to know I was here for her and I would never let anything hurt her again. I cleared my throat, holding her face gently in my palms.

"You've got to tell me y/n. Are you cut anywhere? Bleeding?"

She shook her head. I breathed out a sigh of relief and pulled her against me again. Then she said something I wish I hadn't heard.

"It still hurts Oscar." She was sobbing this time, into my shirt. I let out a ragged breath. "I know, princess, I know."
She shook her head against my chest, her hand gripping at her chest. "It still hurts."

A tear slipped my eye. "I know."

———

after putting y/n to sleep, I was sitting on the floor of the room leaning against the door, watching her sleep and talking to Tony.
"Yeah, hurt, real bad.Tonight.Get a few of the guys and make it look like an accident." I ended the call and watched her sleeping peacefully as if tonight hadn't happened.
As I thought about what had happened, a tear slipped my eye, then another and another before I was crying quietly into the dark. I hit my head against the door. How could I let this happen?

—— ⚡️ ——
a/n: should i make a part two????