Chapter Twenty

(Keefe POV)
I saw Dex before anyone else did. I crawled over to his body's and dragged it away from the battle. I checked over him, unconscious.
Great.
"Keefe?!" Linh yelled.
I passed her another goblin throwing star quickly. We were running out. This battle was going to be over soon.
"Stop!" I yelled.
Everyone turned to me and to my surprise, stopped. I saw one of the pirates ready to grab Linh and said, "Wait! Can't you at least listen to what we have to say?"
The man, who I assumed to be their captain, lowered his sword and walked up to me, "Why?"
I breathed a sigh of relief, "Our friend, she's important. And the old man, he's the leader of the Black Swan. With that starlight, we can save our friend and take down the Neverseen"
As soon as the words were out of my mouth the pirate grabbed me by the collar and lifted me up. My ribs screamed in pain and I grunted.
"The Neverseen, you work against them?"
I nodded and clawed at my throat for air. The man dropped me and started to laugh, "They work against the Neverseen"
The whole crew laughed and released us. The captain helped me up, "Then me and my crew will ensure you will save your friend. We're at your service"
I smiled and hauled the unconscious Dex up. It would be nice to have an ally to the Black Swan. Maybe, just maybe, we really could take down the Neverseen.

(Sorry for the short chapter, the next time is reaaaaallllly long)